Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Leaving on a Jet Plane....

Leaving on a Jet Plane....

Old Nov 4th 2003, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

girlyflyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Leaving on a Jet Plane....

Well don't have but a second as I am leaving to go pick my fiance up from JFK. We were apporved this morning for our K-1. His interview at the London Embassy went well, as did his medical. No wrinkles and even had time for a celebration pint before he had to make his way to the airport! He'll be in my arms in 9 hours. Just wanted to spread the good cheer!
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:01 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving on a Jet Plane....

Originally posted by girlyflyer
Well don't have but a second as I am leaving to go pick my fiance up from JFK. We were apporved this morning for our K-1. His interview at the London Embassy went well, as did his medical. No wrinkles and even had time for a celebration pint before he had to make his way to the airport! He'll be in my arms in 9 hours. Just wanted to spread the good cheer!
Wow that is fast!! Congratulations to you both, and it's wonderful that you two will be together so soon- in a matter of hours!

Juliet
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by jcapulet
Wow that is fast!! Congratulations to you both, and it's wonderful that you two will be together so soon- in a matter of hours!

Juliet

I know, we took a big chance booking the plane ticket without being approved, but it was on frequent flyer miles anyway, so we could have changed it with a few extra miles. I am so excited, but the drive up there is gonna be the longest 270 miles of my life!
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:19 pm
former Rochesterian

katina is an unknown quantity at this point

I know, we took a big chance booking the plane ticket without being approved, but it was on frequent flyer miles anyway, so we could have changed it with a few extra miles. I am so excited, but the drive up there is gonna be the longest 270 miles of my life!
But what an exciting drive!!
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Excellent news! Have a safe trip, try to concentrate!
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:27 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! *jaw drops* Interview and flight the same day? Now that's hardcore! I mean I would have done it too, but I wanted to make sure i was approved first and then bought the next best flight out (2 days later).

How exciting for you!! It may be a long drive, but just think: at the end of it you will get to see your sweetheart!
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! :-)
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Steffi
Wow! *jaw drops* Interview and flight the same day? Now that's hardcore! I mean I would have done it too, but I wanted to make sure i was approved first and then bought the next best flight out (2 days later).

How exciting for you!! It may be a long drive, but just think: at the end of it you will get to see your sweetheart!

Yeah more like insano! We booked it the day we found out the interview date. But we also have booked our entire January 10th wedding since we first sent out 129 off. I know the experienced ones on this board will say don't do anything until you have your visa in hand, but we didn't want to sacrifice one more minute, so with blind, dumb love leading the way, we put our faith in the positive.
And didn't want the fact that we were born in different countries to take away from the our wedding. Why should we have to get married with one less flower or one less guest than we want because the government gives us a time constraint. So, we've planned like we would be approved all along and here we are today. APPROVED!! Now my ulcers tell a different story There've been many worried nights that we'd have to cancel the date, but at the end of the day, whether at the justice of the peace, in vegas or in the church filled with family and friends, we get what we want!
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:41 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Now there's confidence in the interview process.

Congrats on you guys finally being together, and drive carefully!!!
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:50 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default exellent news

congrats..

travel safely and best of luck on your big day come Jan. 10th
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:54 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah more like insano! We booked it the day we found out the interview date. But we also have booked our entire January 10th wedding since we first sent out 129 off. I know the experienced ones on this board will say don't do anything until you have your visa in hand, but we didn't want to sacrifice one more minute, so with blind, dumb love leading the way, we put our faith in the positive.
And didn't want the fact that we were born in different countries to take away from the our wedding. Why should we have to get married with one less flower or one less guest than we want because the government gives us a time constraint. So, we've planned like we would be approved all along and here we are today. APPROVED!! Now my ulcers tell a different story There've been many worried nights that we'd have to cancel the date, but at the end of the day, whether at the justice of the peace, in vegas or in the church filled with family and friends, we get what we want!

Wow!!! CONGRATS!!!, so how many more hours until you see your fiancee again??
Have fun in VEGAS!!!! Gamble for me lol.
:PARTY: :PARTY:
Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:14 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!
Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS..........
Old Nov 4th 2003, 9:14 pm
Michelle.Moir

You must be soooooooooo Happy !
All the Best for you and yours
I can't wait for that moment myself Enjoy !!!!

Good Luck
Michelle & Herb
still waiting to be approved out of Nebraska then on to London soon I
hope !
NOA1 21st April 2003
NOA2....Now Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !
"girlyflyer" <member@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Well don't have but a second as I am leaving to go pick my fiance up
    > from JFK. We were apporved this morning for our K-1. His interview at
    > the London Embassy went well, as did his medical. No wrinkles and even
    > had time for a celebration pint before he had to make his way to the