Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

lawyer or DIY for AOS (K-3 w/ I601 waiver)

lawyer or DIY for AOS (K-3 w/ I601 waiver)

Old Oct 31st 2003, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

BeachBunny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default lawyer or DIY for AOS (K-3 w/ I601 waiver)

Hi, well... now that Leighton made it through the doors at LAX (that's for another post this week end..).. I need to decide quickly whether or not to file the rest myself or have my lawyer do it.

I think I can probably handle the forms myself with the help of the FAQ page... I handled the filing of the actual K-3 visa myself.

However, with Leighton having an I-601 waiver for his K-3 to be granted.. I'm wondering does anyone think that will cause add'l problems with the I-130???

I really want to do it myself and save the money... I'm running low on funds because of paying for everything else ... let alone 2 plane tix (one was for mexico.. waiting on refund for that one).. plus, I dropped a day at work and am making less now. PLUS, my student loans have kicked in! Anyways, I can find the money if need be to pay the lawyer.. but then it means things will be really tight for the next few months...

Any opinions?
Old Nov 1st 2003, 12:17 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: lawyer or DIY for AOS (K-3 w/ I601 waiver)

Originally posted by BeachBunny
Hi, well... now that Leighton made it through the doors at LAX (that's for another post this week end..).. I need to decide quickly whether or not to file the rest myself or have my lawyer do it.

I think I can probably handle the forms myself with the help of the FAQ page... I handled the filing of the actual K-3 visa myself.

However, with Leighton having an I-601 waiver for his K-3 to be granted.. I'm wondering does anyone think that will cause add'l problems with the I-130???

I really want to do it myself and save the money... I'm running low on funds because of paying for everything else ... let alone 2 plane tix (one was for mexico.. waiting on refund for that one).. plus, I dropped a day at work and am making less now. PLUS, my student loans have kicked in! Anyways, I can find the money if need be to pay the lawyer.. but then it means things will be really tight for the next few months...

Any opinions?
Laura:

Talk to your lawyer about this and explain it. Although I don't know her -- she seems to be OK. If you were my client -- you'd have my blessings, if not my recommendation -- but I would ask that you provide me with a copy of all your filings for my file, just in case.

Good luck.
Old Nov 1st 2003, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Laura:

Talk to your lawyer about this and explain it. Although I don't know her -- she seems to be OK. If you were my client -- you'd have my blessings, if not my recommendation -- but I would ask that you provide me with a copy of all your filings for my file, just in case.

Good luck.
Thanks... I will call her up on monday and talk to her.
Old Nov 1st 2003, 4:20 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by BeachBunny
Thanks... I will call her up on monday and talk to her.
You are very welcome. Do we have Leighton to thank for bringing this rain? Lets hope it doesn't pour just yet though.
Old Nov 1st 2003, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
You are very welcome. Do we have Leighton to thank for bringing this rain? Lets hope it doesn't pour just yet though.
It poored in Long Beach last night. Yes, I was blaming him for bringing this weather! LOL We need the rain.. but not a storm.