Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas AOS interview

Las Vegas AOS interview

Old May 3rd 2006, 8:07 pm
Banned

builder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Las Vegas AOS interview

Has anyone had their AOS interview in the Las Vegas, NV office? can you please share your experience and timeline?
Old May 3rd 2006, 8:25 pm
London 2 Las Vegas

PaulandMel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Las Vegas AOS interview

Originally Posted by builder
Has anyone had their AOS interview in the Las Vegas, NV office? can you please share your experience and timeline?
WOW, actually, I was just going to post our experience we just had today about 3 hours ago. I will do that in a new thread.

Melanie
Old May 3rd 2006, 8:29 pm
London 2 Las Vegas

PaulandMel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Las Vegas AOS interview

I'll just post our timeline in here. We sent in our paperwork to Chicago on November 1, 2005. We received an NOA that said November 22, 2005. The Biometrics took forever! Didn't have that till February 23, 2006. He received it about 3 or 4 weeks later, then got his social on March 27, 2006 and the same day we received a letter informing us of our interview date. May 3, 2006
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:59 pm
Banned

Babboo is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Las Vegas AOS interview - They can be very tough

A friend of mine in Vegas was rejected at the end of his interview. He had married 2 times to American women and had applied for I485 both times. First marriage lasted only 6 months and they did not live in same city. He married second wife within days of divorce from first wife. He said interviewer was really suspicious and really asked some tough questions for which he and new wife either had no answers or differed a bit when they were interviewed separately. In the end the interviewer accused my friend of marriage fraud. Deportation is now proceeding. So, I guess they can tough depending on case.
Old May 4th 2006, 2:59 pm
Banned

builder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Las Vegas AOS interview - They can be very tough

Originally Posted by Babboo
A friend of mine in Vegas was rejected at the end of his interview. He had married 2 times to American women and had applied for I485 both times. First marriage lasted only 6 months and they did not live in same city. He married second wife within days of divorce from first wife. He said interviewer was really suspicious and really asked some tough questions for which he and new wife either had no answers or differed a bit when they were interviewed separately. In the end the interviewer accused my friend of marriage fraud. Deportation is now proceeding. So, I guess they can tough depending on case.
Was that just recently?
Old May 5th 2006, 1:36 pm
Banned

Babboo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Las Vegas AOS interview - They can be very tough

Was that just recently?
Yes. March 2006.