Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

k3 visa will be expired

k3 visa will be expired

Old Jan 14th 2005, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

PoP_CoRn is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy k3 visa will be expired

Hello im a newbie here and i was entered here in US as a k3visa and it will be expire this coming November , and my I-130 was got approved last October...now time to file my AOS, and i was asked the attorney that my husband hired if i will be ok if incase i will get a letter of interview appointment for AOS with visa expired, he said that i will be ok and nothing to worry about, as long as i am still married to my husband.... Is that true?

Since we are real broke right now, we didnt use that lawyer, he was asking us to pay $700 for my AOS... id guess its better to do it on ourselves but the problem is i dont know if where to file AOS...im from IL and im sure some of you here knows where is the local office district of IL...pls let me know...

And lastly, do you think i will be fine in times of AOS interview will come ( perhaps next year) with my k3 visa?

Pls enlighten me with this
Old Jan 14th 2005, 5:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: k3 visa will be expired

Can't help to much directly, but welcome to the site.
You should read the faq's at the root of this forum, and also the ones at www.visajourney.com for an idea of the whole process.

As far as I know, I think your lawyer is right, as long as you don't leave the country when your visa expires, then you might need AP? could be wrong on that though.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 5:37 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PoP_CoRn
Hello im a newbie here and i was entered here in US as a k3visa and it will be expire this coming November , and my I-130 was got approved last October...now time to file my AOS, and i was asked the attorney that my husband hired if i will be ok if incase i will get a letter of interview appointment for AOS with visa expired, he said that i will be ok and nothing to worry about, as long as i am still married to my husband.... Is that true?

Since we are real broke right now, we didnt use that lawyer, he was asking us to pay $700 for my AOS... id guess its better to do it on ourselves but the problem is i dont know if where to file AOS...im from IL and im sure some of you here knows where is the local office district of IL...pls let me know...

And lastly, do you think i will be fine in times of AOS interview will come ( perhaps next year) with my k3 visa?

Pls enlighten me with this
As long as you file before the K3 expires you will be ok, your expires in November so don't worry
Chicago is where you have to file:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffic...go/aboutus.htm
Chicago is now processing cases receipted October 1st 2003:
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/js...ectedOffice=18
Here's a link with Chicago AOS experience:
http://www.kamya.com/aos/130illinois.html

Hope that helps!
Old Jan 14th 2005, 5:39 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Can't help to much directly, but welcome to the site.
You should read the faq's at the root of this forum, and also the ones at www.visajourney.com for an idea of the whole process.

As far as I know, I think your lawyer is right, as long as you don't leave the country when your visa expires, then you might need AP? could be wrong on that though.
Once her K3 is expired, if she leaves the country then she WILL need advance of parole, if she files AOS and gets her green card soon (Chicago's processing times are not very promising) then she won't need AP.
Note: K3'ers can leave the country and return with no problems even if they had applied for AOS

Hope that helps!
Old Jan 14th 2005, 6:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
Note: K3'ers can leave the country and return with no problems even if they had applied for AOS
I knew that, just not sure about what happened once the visa expired...
Old Jan 14th 2005, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
I knew that, just not sure about what happened once the visa expired...

That's what K3'ers are here for
Old Jan 16th 2005, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

That's what K3'ers are here for

Thank you so much for all of your response , my husband said that we will file my AOS this coming February, we started money for it plus for my baby delivery on June...once again, thanks for everyone who reply the topic that i was post here...
Old Jan 17th 2005, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by PoP_CoRn
Thank you so much for all of your response , my husband said that we will file my AOS this coming February, we started money for it plus for my baby delivery on June...once again, thanks for everyone who reply the topic that i was post here...

You are welcome!!
Baby delivery in June?? Woooo!!!
Old Jan 17th 2005, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

You are welcome!!
Baby delivery in June?? Woooo!!!

Yeahhh, and still thinking what will be the name for the baby.... why is that, some says that my k3visa should not expire if i will have AOS interview, it made my mind confused again...