K1 Visa in Canada

Old Jan 19th 2003, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

canuckshark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 Visa in Canada

Hello all,

I am a Canadian Permanent Resident (not citizen) living in Canada. My fiancee (USC) and I would like to file for the K1 visa. Can she file for me while I live in Canada with our case being handled by either Montreal or Vancouver US embassy? OR do I have to go back to my home country to go through the K1 visa process.

I am citizen of Bangladesh but left 10 years ago.

Thank you in advance for all your responses.
Old Jan 19th 2003, 5:48 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Visa in Canada

Originally posted by canuckshark
Hello all,

I am a Canadian Permanent Resident (not citizen) living in Canada. My fiancee (USC) and I would like to file for the K1 visa. Can she file for me while I live in Canada with our case being handled by either Montreal or Vancouver US embassy? OR do I have to go back to my home country to go through the K1 visa process.

I am citizen of Bangladesh but left 10 years ago.

Thank you in advance for all your responses.
You can process through Vancouver or Montreal.

Rete
Old Jan 19th 2003, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Rete
You can process through Vancouver or Montreal.

Rete

Thank you - I have another question - sorry for being greedy - I am citizen of Bangladesh and the Dept. of Justice just put Bangladesh on the National Special Registration Entry Exit List. My question is: what are your (members of this forum) opinions on this hurting/delaying my chances of getting a K1 visa. I met my fiancee in the US, a year ago when I was finishing up graduate school. I had studied and worked (legally using H1) in the US for 12 years before I moved to Canada.

Thanks again.
Old Jan 19th 2003, 8:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by canuckshark
Thank you - I have another question - sorry for being greedy - I am citizen of Bangladesh and the Dept. of Justice just put Bangladesh on the National Special Registration Entry Exit List. My question is: what are your (members of this forum) opinions on this hurting/delaying my chances of getting a K1 visa. I met my fiancee in the US, a year ago when I was finishing up graduate school. I had studied and worked (legally using H1) in the US for 12 years before I moved to Canada.

Thanks again.
Your chances are as good anyone elses. As long as you can pass the interested security checks and your RCMP report comes up clean, there should be no issues that would cause denial of a K-1.

Rete
Old Jan 20th 2003, 12:42 am
Yana

Hi there.
You can file from Canada. I was an international student, studying at
UBC (Vancouver), when we filed for my K-1 and I went through Vancouver
consulate. I had no problems at all. So don't worry about it and good
luck. If you have some other questions you can e-mail me directly or
post a message.
Yana

canuckshark wrote in message news:...
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I am a Canadian Permanent Resident (not citizen) living in Canada. My
    > fiancee (USC) and I would like to file for the K1 visa. Can she file
    > for me while I live in Canada with our case being handled by either
    > Montreal or Vancouver US embassy? OR do I have to go back to my home
    > country to go through the K1 visa process.
    >
    > I am citizen of Bangladesh but left 10 years ago.
    >
    > Thank you in advance for all your responses.

Old Jan 20th 2003, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

Rete, Yana,

Thank you very much for your helpful responses. I will post my experiences as we go through our process.