K1 Visa Accepted

Old Sep 12th 2018, 1:05 pm
Ongoing K1 Visa

Trilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond repute
Default K1 Visa Accepted

Hi folks,

I have been quiet on here for a while due to having so much to prepare for my K1 medical and interview, but just a heads up that it all went well and last Monday (10th Sept) I had my interview at the embassy and was granted a K1 Visa

My medical was 10 days prior to my interview which gave it enough time for paperwork to be sent over, no further evidence was needed for the doctor as I applied to get my full medical history and took with me any details that they might want to see which helped greatly, operation on my ear, my partial deafness, a stutter which I had speech therapy for which helped bring it under control, but under pressure it can sometimes rear it's head, so wanted to make this clear just in case the stress got too much and sparked it a little, all in all it did not though which was good. Last but not least reports from my counselling sessions when I had a brief moment of anxiety and depression. Also I got doctors letters stating these facts which you will need. All I can say is, go armed with as much as possible, some things I took which I did not need but it was peace of mind knowing I had it just in case and not slowing the process down by acquiring more for them.

The embassy interview was over in under an hour, it was less stressful and quite pleasant, I stayed at the Travelodge in Vauxhall and could see the embassy from my hotel window, it was a 9 minute walk away and no hassle in getting there in time, I was actually 10 minutes early My fiancee sent me all the paperwork needed but some extra just in case, again, it's always better to be prepared. I was asked 4 simple questions about our relationship, how we met, have we both been married before, what home does your fiancee live in and where will I be moving too.

Just got to wait for my passport and paperwork to be couriered now and then it's book the flight. Ironically I was made redundant at the end of August which timed things just right, lol, means I can fly out sooner than I wanted too
Old Sep 12th 2018, 1:36 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Visa Accepted

Congratulations on getting your visa granted. I couriered a significant quantity of documents to our son for his derivative employment based immigrant visa interview and not a single one was needed, not even the updated affidavit of support (which we were assured was vital). However I am certain that if we had forgotten to send just one thing that would have been asked for....

Sorry to hear about you being made redundant, but in your case it really does sound like a silver lining! Go and enjoy this new chapter in your life!
Old Sep 12th 2018, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

BigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

I had my IR1 medical yesterday in London and it really wasn't as bad as people made out to be, just a very long and expensive day.

As you say it's better to have all bases covered and go with as much info as possible.
Old Sep 12th 2018, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Feels like a long time ago since I did my K1 but really it was barely two years ago - amazing how time flies!
Old Sep 12th 2018, 4:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. Now on to the move, the wedding and filing for adjustment of status.
Old Sep 12th 2018, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!
Old Sep 18th 2018, 11:16 pm
Ongoing K1 Visa

Trilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigT103
Congratulations!

I had my IR1 medical yesterday in London and it really wasn't as bad as people made out to be, just a very long and expensive day.

As you say it's better to have all bases covered and go with as much info as possible.
Definitely, the more you can go armed with the better, the last thing I wanted was anything to slow the process down, myself and my fiancee have waited long enough to be together Glad that your medical went well, I hate doctors so was a little nervous, the embassy interview did not phase me, a few butterflies that was all
Old Sep 25th 2018, 4:01 pm
Ongoing K1 Visa

Originally Posted by Rete
Congratulations. Now on to the move, the wedding and filing for adjustment of status.
Does filing for AOS require another medical? I have been looking into what happens next and I have seen something called a I-693 which looks like you have to do it again, is this correct or am I reading into it wrong?

Last edited by Trilo; Sep 25th 2018 at 4:06 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2018, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trilo
Does filing for AOS require another medical? I have been looking into what happens next and I have seen something called a I-693 which looks like you have to do it again, is this correct or am I reading into it wrong?
You shouldn't need to if you had all the vaccinations completed already and the AOS is filed within 12 months of the medical. You should have a vaccination supplement to attach.

That said, I had an out of the ordinary AOS process where the adjudicator wanted another medical performed, and so I had an RFE at interview.
Old Sep 25th 2018, 4:45 pm
Ongoing K1 Visa

Originally Posted by tom169
You shouldn't need to if you had all the vaccinations completed already and the AOS is filed within 12 months of the medical. You should have a vaccination supplement to attach.

That said, I had an out of the ordinary AOS process where the adjudicator wanted another medical performed, and so I had an RFE at interview.
I thought that was the case, the internet can be a minefield getting info at times. I have the vaccination supplement to hand over when doing AOS.

That is annoying that you had to do another one once you were there, why was that if I may ask or did they not say? Kinda sucks having to pay twice too.
Old Sep 25th 2018, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

I thought that was the case, the internet can be a minefield getting info at times. I have the vaccination supplement to hand over when doing AOS.

That is annoying that you had to do another one once you were there, why was that if I may ask or did they not say? Kinda sucks having to pay twice too.
It was because Knightsbridge didn't check a box which they wouldn't check for anyone. It's not normally a big deal, but perhaps my particular adjudicator had never seen it. I dunno, i tried explaining, but it didn't help.
Old Sep 25th 2018, 6:07 pm
Ongoing K1 Visa

Originally Posted by tom169
It was because Knightsbridge didn't check a box which they wouldn't check for anyone. It's not normally a big deal, but perhaps my particular adjudicator had never seen it. I dunno, i tried explaining, but it didn't help.
Were you able to get either Knightbridge or the USCIS to cover the cost at all? It not being your fault and all.
Old Sep 25th 2018, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Were you able to get either Knightbridge or the USCIS to cover the cost at all? It not being your fault and all.
USCIS? Lol. But no, I didn't bother, just soaked the couple hundred dollars.
Old Sep 25th 2018, 7:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

They won't do it.

Rene