K1 Interview at last

Old Mar 21st 2001, 8:19 am
KingE

I finally got my K1 interview in two weeks time.

I was getting worried about the medical but after reading the embassy documentation
don't think it will be a problem. However I have concern for my original documents.
You see I was previously married (Vegas stylee) and got a divorce early last year
although it only lasted for a handful of months, it was several years ago. I have
claimed this on all applications and have provided a Decree Absolute to show that
this had ended. My problem being is that will I need a marriage certificate to show I
was previously married as the forms state. I have completed all of packet 3 with
copies of all documents and ticked the divorce certificate box (leaving the marriage
certificate box unticked) and with this application been granted the K1 interview in
two weeks.

Will I need to get a certified copy of the previous marriage certificate? or will
the decree absolute be sufficient. If needed how will I get one as I no longer
live in USA and can I get one before the interview in two weeks. I wouldn't know
where to start!

I really want to sail this through and not bring on any more delays after nail biting
for six months.

1st NOA 6th Nov 2000 2nd NOA 12 Feb 2001 K1 Interview April 2001

KingE

Old Mar 21st 2001, 10:51 am
Alvena Ferreira

If you are a man, you do not need it. If you are a woman who had a name change, then
you do, in all likelihood.

alvena

KingE wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 21st 2001, 12:31 pm
Hilary Whalen

The courts have my first marriage certificate...... probably distroyed by now!

Alvena Ferreira wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I finally got my K1 interview in two weeks time.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I was getting worried about the medical but after reading the embassy[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > documentation don't think it will be a problem. However I have concern for my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > original documents. You see I was previously married (Vegas stylee) and got a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > divorce early last year although it only lasted for a handful of months, it was[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > several years ago. I have claimed this on all applications and have provided a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Decree Absolute to show that this had ended. My problem being is that will I need[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > a marriage certificate to show I was previously married as the forms state. I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > have completed all of packet 3 with copies of all documents and ticked the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > divorce certificate box (leaving the marriage certificate box unticked) and with[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > this application been granted the K1 interview in two weeks.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Will I need to get a certified copy of the previous marriage certificate? or will[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > the decree absolute be sufficient. If needed how will I get one as I no longer[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > live in USA and can I get one before the interview in two weeks. I wouldn't know[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > where to start![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I really want to sail this through and not bring on any more delays after nail[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > biting for six months.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 1st NOA 6th Nov 2000 2nd NOA 12 Feb 2001 K1 Interview April 2001[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > KingE[/usenetquote2]

Old Mar 21st 2001, 12:58 pm
Jonathan_ATC

I think that you will have to provide all old marriage certificates if you changed
your name due to marriage. ;o) You must contact the courthouse in the city where
marriage was registered.
--
Jonathan _/ _/ _/ _/ K-1 Fiance Visa Immigration through to Adjustment of Status
http://clik.to/getk1 K-1 & Adjustment of Status Links Page
http://clik.to/K1andAOSLinks Newsgroup FAQ http://www.k1faq.com Arnaldo and Alvena's
Fiance Visa Page http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes/ Immigration and Naturalization
Service http://www.ins.usdoj.gov {I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. For
reliable legal advice, please consult with a professional immigration attorney.}

>
now!
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > If you are a man, you do not need it. If you are a woman who had a name change,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > then you do, in all likelihood.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > alvena[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > KingE wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > I finally got my K1 interview in two weeks time.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > I was getting worried about the medical but after reading the embassy[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > documentation don't think it will be a problem. However I have concern for my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > original documents. You see I was[/usenetquote2]
previously
[usenetquote2]> > > married (Vegas stylee) and got a divorce early last year although it[/usenetquote2]
only
[usenetquote2]> > > lasted for a handful of months, it was several years ago. I have[/usenetquote2]
claimed
[usenetquote2]> > > this on all applications and have provided a Decree Absolute to show[/usenetquote2]
that
[usenetquote2]> > > this had ended. My problem being is that will I need a marriage[/usenetquote2]
certificate
[usenetquote2]> > > to show I was previously married as the forms state. I have completed[/usenetquote2]
all of
[usenetquote2]> > > packet 3 with copies of all documents and ticked the divorce[/usenetquote2]
certificate box
[usenetquote2]> > > (leaving the marriage certificate box unticked) and with this[/usenetquote2]
application
[usenetquote2]> > > been granted the K1 interview in two weeks.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Will I need to get a certified copy of the previous marriage[/usenetquote2]
certificate? or
[usenetquote2]> > > will the decree absolute be sufficient. If needed how will I get one[/usenetquote2]
as I no
[usenetquote2]> > > longer live in USA and can I get one before the interview in two[/usenetquote2]
weeks. I
[usenetquote2]> > > wouldn't know where to start![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > I really want to sail this through and not bring on any more delays[/usenetquote2]
after
[usenetquote2]> > > nail biting for six months.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > 1st NOA 6th Nov 2000 2nd NOA 12 Feb 2001 K1 Interview April 2001[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > KingE[/usenetquote2]

Old Mar 21st 2001, 8:52 pm
Marciowaz

To "The King"

I was just wondering what country you are are having your K1 interview in ? If its
England, could you let me know, when you submitted your original packet 3 info to the
embassy ? And how long did it take them to process it/ send out an interview date.

I'm still waiting.... its only been a week, but I'ld like to know how fast they're
working right now.

Many thanks, and good luck,

Marc.

Old Mar 22nd 2001, 1:26 am
Alvena Ferreira

Hilary Whalen wrote:
    >
    >
    >
Frankly, these are usually a permanent public record that you could easily obtain.

alvena