K1 blues :(

Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:16 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough
Default K1 blues :(

Any other K1er's out there who are loosing there mind?

I swear I must check my case status at least 5-10 times a day in the faint hope I've recieved my 2nd NOA. But the more I read on this forum the more I look negatively on the whole process and our chances of an approval before our wedding. God I just feel like i'm loosing it!

As if the living away from your loved one isn't hard enough that now the chances of being approved within the already extremely long waiting period is becoming less of a reality! You would think 1/2 a year is more than enough time to process a bloody k1 application!

The other problem I have is my conscience. I really want to be honest with my current employer and give them plenty of notice and time to find a replacement for me. But the reality is I can't because I need the money and i'm sure they'd let me go early if they knew i was leaving.

This whole process is just so damn draining in everyway! Sorry for venting, but I feel the others here who are going through or have been through this process are the only ones who can relate to my situation. My family and friends try, but they really don't seem to understand how hard it is.

The frustrating thing is if we chose to live together in Australia or England this process would of been a lot shorter.....
Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:26 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 blues :(

Hi James,
I wanted to take a moment just to tell you that it *will* get better, it *will* happen and it *is* worth it (I know that these are things you know intellectually but your heart is so lifeless being without her that it's hard to remember sometimes).

Mr. P. and I had to wait almost three years total to be together because of prior marriages and the legal process involved in all that. We know what it's like to be apart and to hang up the phone with a huge sigh, knowing that we'll talk "tomorrow" and to leave one another in huge sobbing puddles at the airport here or there. It's horrible. But it does end.

We've been through so much with the visa process and the accident right before his departure and throwing a wedding together at the last minute, and even though he's been my husband for almost two weeks, I still find it hard to believe when he brings me coffee in the morning and he's standing there at the door waiting when I get home from work.

We are living proof that it does happen. Hang in there James, you are so close now. We had a first NOA with NSC of May 29 and were approved on November 25---181 days. You're so close, and it *will* get better.

Hugs to you and that lovely girl of yours,
~SecretGarden
Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:29 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

I know what it's like to check the status online all the time, I was starting to think I was getting obsessive compulsive with it LOL I wish the timelines in Nebraska weren't so long, that's such a long time to wait. About work, isn't 2 or 3 weeks standard notice for resignation? If you really think they'd let you go if they knew...then don't feel so bad about the 2 weeks notice

Good luck to you and your fiancee, I hope you get your approval soon!

Juliet
Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:41 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi McJimbo,

Believe me, I know the process is long. I haven't seen my fiance for an entire year! That was our choice, though...to wait until his interview to see each other. Trouble is, we never thought his interview would be taking this long to happen! But, it is slowly progressing and we know the result will be worth it. So hang in there (you probably get sick of hearing that...lol), take it day by day, and eventually you'll see that approval notice!

As for your job, think of it this way. If you wanted to change jobs, you wouldn't go tell your employer "I'm going to start job hunting now, ok?" You would just job hunt and when you found something else you'd give proper notice. This is the same thing. You are working on something else in your life, meanwhile working at your job. When you know something definite, you can let the employer had adequate notice. That's what I would do.

Best Wishes!
Rene
Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:43 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I still find it hard to believe when he brings me coffee in the morning and he's standing there at the door waiting when I get home from work.
WHAAAAT!!!! The man need serious training......this is how it should be.....Joyce get up at 7am..brings me my breakfast in bed at 8am..then she goes to work....I get up about 9am...meander thru the day....nap time for me is 4pm-6pm ....she get home at 5.15pm and wakes me at 6pm with coffee...Seems a good system to me..
Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

WiAnSiempre is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ray6
WHAAAAT!!!! The man need serious training......this is how it should be.....Joyce get up at 7am..brings me my breakfast in bed at 8am..then she goes to work....I get up about 9am...meander thru the day....nap time for me is 4pm-6pm ....she get home at 5.15pm and wakes me at 6pm with coffee...Seems a good system to me..
LOL - Ray 6, you're on the fast track to get the boot I can't wait til my sweety is here -I know he'll be just like Mr. P bringing me coffee in the morning. Plus, I work from home - Hmmmm I think it's going to be difficult working that first week..or month

McJimbo - Hang in there, as SG said, it will happen. I know how frustrating it is though. There's night's I get off the phone with him and I just have a crying fit because I miss him so much. In the end it'll all be worth it

Angela
Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Ankh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mcjimbo
I swear I must check my case status at least 5-10 times a day in the faint hope I've recieved my 2nd NOA.
Good luck, because i'm a week off my interview at the US Embassy and my case status STILL only says "We've received your application, it takes 150/180 days to process this type of application"...

Ignore it, stay positive, we've all been through it and by the time you get your interview you'll be happy and excited, but scared as hell and you'll suddenly realise as boring and horrible as the waiting was - at least it wasnt the moment of truth when everything builds up to one day and u have to have 15 heart attacks a day over stuff you might need or have forgotten you have that to come hehe
Old Feb 24th 2004, 3:19 pm
Gaylord

Hey Mate

It does get better honestly.... Last time I saw my g/f and my son was
december the 27th, and I dont fly into the usa until 2nd of April, I was
granted the K1 in November, its hard.. only reason Ive left it so long is
that I work for a small company and one of the ladies were having a lot of
time off with breast cancer, so I said I would cover for her until she gets
back, well shes back in a few weeks, then Im off.

It took us about 8 months from start to finish for the visas.

Hang in there buddy, it does happen in the end.

Old Feb 24th 2004, 3:32 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Ray,

Throwing a pitcher of ice water on you is not breakfast in bed.

Leslie
Old Feb 24th 2004, 3:47 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Thanks a lot for all your kind words!

I guess i just need that reassurance sometime that something is actually happening. It just you have to go so long before hearing anything it just makes you wonder whether anything will happen at all.

I'm so glad I found this forum and you great bunch of people! Honestly without your advice and reassurance i'd probably be in a looney bin by now
Old Feb 24th 2004, 4:18 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Joyce get up at 7am..brings me my breakfast in bed at 8am..
Breakfast in bed? Does that mean you sleep in the kitchen, Ray? hehehehee
Old Feb 24th 2004, 4:45 pm
Jacqueline Bergstedt

Hey there Mcjimbo, you are right, it is bloody hard. We have all gone
through it. But hang in there, Im sure if youve waited six months already
then you must be somewhere near the finishing post. As for handing in
notice early, it was a dilemma I churned over too. I gave 2 months
eventually because I was a key member of staff. However, it doesnt sound
like you get much loyalty from your company if you are worried that they
will let you go early. I think that works both ways, don't you? Give them
what is required in your contract and nothing more.

regards, Jacqueline

"mcjimbo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Any other K1er's out there who are loosing there mind?
    > I swear I must
    > check my case status at least 5-10 times a day in the faint hope I've
    > recieved my 2nd NOA. But the more I read on this forum the more I look
    > negatively on the whole process and our chances of an approval before
    > our wedding. God I just feel like i'm loosing it!
    > As if the living away
    > from your loved one isn't hard enough that now the chances of being
    > approved within the already extremely long waiting period is becoming
    > less of a reality! You would think 1/2 a year is more than enough time
    > to process a bloody k1 application!
    > The other problem I have is my
    > conscience. I really want to be honest with my current employer and give
    > them plenty of notice and time to find a replacement for me. But the
    > reality is I can't because I need the money and i'm sure they'd let me
    > go early if they knew i was leaving.
    > This whole process is just so
    > damn draining in everyway! Sorry for venting, but I feel the others here
    > who are going through or have been through this process are the only
    > ones who can relate to my situation. My family and friends try, but they
    > really don't seem to understand how hard it is.
    > The frustrating thing
    > is if we chose to live together in Australia or England this process
    > would of been a lot shorter.....
    > --
    > James Davidson
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Feb 24th 2004, 5:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mcjimbo
Thanks a lot for all your kind words!

I guess i just need that reassurance sometime that something is actually happening. It just you have to go so long before hearing anything it just makes you wonder whether anything will happen at all.

I'm so glad I found this forum and you great bunch of people! Honestly without your advice and reassurance i'd probably be in a looney bin by now
At least you can check your online status! We never rec'd an NOA, and when we eventually found out a case number (through an email address that was a miracle to find), it never worked online! We were very much frustrated because we didn't even know if TSC had our case and if we should send in another one! Right when we were seriously considering sending in another application, or sending in the copies of the first one, we miraculously received NOA2.

Scott (the UKC) and I totally understand what you are going thru, as does everyone else here. I know you've mentioned before that if you didn't receive NOA2 by a certain time, you would consider something a little more drastic. Please don't do anything that would jeopardize your K1 application. If you don't get approved in time, you can always change the wedding date. I know it's a hassle to do so, as well as depressing, but it's not worth you lying to get into the country, and then possibly not being able to adjust status. Not to mention, the USCIS could kick you out, and then you have to apply for a K3 and be separated even longer. Just try to have a little more patience, and remember the old cliche "Good things come to those who wait."

Cheers,
Jamie
Old Feb 24th 2004, 7:13 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Like the others I just want to chime in to say that: I know what you're going through! When I was waiting for my NOA2 I had some serious depressions. It was even harder because my school ended in June and I didn't have anything to do all day except wait for that damn paper. I woke up in the morning to check the mail in hope of a letter only to find nothing and having a whole day ahead of me with nothing to do but wait for it to be over so I could go to bed and wake up again to hope for the letter. It was really killing me...but it came eventually.
You are close to 6 months...the letter HAS to come any day now. I know you probably tell yourself every day that it will come any day, but at this point in time it seriously should come any day. I don't think you will have to postpone the wedding or anything. I seriously believe that you will get something soon and that your timeline will pretty much go as planned.
Like the others said, hang in there, and keep yourself busy because it will make the time go by faster. Before you know it you will have that letter and you will be saying good-bye's to your family and friends and in the arms of your love. You can do it!!
Old Feb 24th 2004, 7:45 pm
Monty_burns

I feel your pain James. I mailed my application to Texas in November. Got my
NOA1 reciept from Missouri. Had to get a Congressional aid inquire for me to
get any answers out of Missouri. Missouri sends my app back to Texas. Now I
dont know who has my application.
And yes Im very frustrated, tired and drained. I guess this is the old USCIS
test of will. If you can hang on and endure there torture then the
relationship just might work.
Good Luck

Monty.....
"mcjimbo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Any other K1er's out there who are loosing there mind?
    > I swear I must
    > check my case status at least 5-10 times a day in the faint hope I've
    > recieved my 2nd NOA. But the more I read on this forum the more I look
    > negatively on the whole process and our chances of an approval before
    > our wedding. God I just feel like i'm loosing it!
    > As if the living away
    > from your loved one isn't hard enough that now the chances of being
    > approved within the already extremely long waiting period is becoming
    > less of a reality! You would think 1/2 a year is more than enough time
    > to process a bloody k1 application!
    > The other problem I have is my
    > conscience. I really want to be honest with my current employer and give
    > them plenty of notice and time to find a replacement for me. But the
    > reality is I can't because I need the money and i'm sure they'd let me
    > go early if they knew i was leaving.
    > This whole process is just so
    > damn draining in everyway! Sorry for venting, but I feel the others here
    > who are going through or have been through this process are the only
    > ones who can relate to my situation. My family and friends try, but they
    > really don't seem to understand how hard it is.
    > The frustrating thing
    > is if we chose to live together in Australia or England this process
    > would of been a lot shorter.....
    > --
    > James Davidson
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.