K1 blues :(

Old Feb 24th 2004, 9:47 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 blues :(

Originally posted by Ankh
Good luck, because i'm a week off my interview at the US Embassy and my case status STILL only says "We've received your application, it takes 150/180 days to process this type of application"...
Your post provides yet another example of the futility of the case number crunching going on by some who then post reports saying something like, "there are still 4 cases waiting for approval from way back in April 2003". I suspect some of these people might use this "suspect" information about old cases still pending (when the case really has already been approved) as ammunition when they whine to their representatives.

Unless these number crunchers actually know the people whose case number they are looking at (to confirm whether or not the case is really still pending), they have no way of knowing if the data they are looking at is correct.

Who cares about old cases anyway? Crunch the most recent number if you need to do something, as it’s the newest cases that indicate where they are as far as processing cases is concerned. Or better yet, just look at the reports the service centers provide to you and chill out! Stop bugging them and let them do their job (but certainly bug them if they have screwed up or a case gets lost).

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Feb 24th 2004 at 10:50 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

Ankh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
Your post provides yet another example of the futility of the case number crunching going on by some who then post reports saying something like, "there are still 4 cases waiting for approval from way back in April 2003". I suspect some of these people might use this "suspect" information about old cases still pending (when the case really has already been approved) as ammunition when they whine to their representatives.

Unless these number crunchers actually know the people whose case number they are looking at (to confirm whether or not the case is really still pending), they have no way of knowing if the data they are looking at is correct.

Who cares about old cases anyway? Crunch the most recent number if you need to do something, as it’s the newest cases that indicate where they are as far as processing cases is concerned. Of better yet, just look at the reports the service centers provide to you and chill out! Stop bugging them and let them do their job (but certainly bug them if they have screwed up or a case gets lost).
I'll be honest with ya mate, i didnt understand a word of that.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

mystie888 is an unknown quantity at this point

Who cares about old cases anyway? Crunch the most recent number if you need to do something, as it’s the newest cases that indicate where they are as far as processing cases is concerned. Of better yet, just look at the reports the service centers provide to you and chill out! Stop bugging them and let them do their job (but certainly bug them if they have screwed up or a case gets lost).
With all due respect Mr. Udall, it's not as simple as "chilling out" when you are separated from the one you love and you have no idea how long it will be before you will get to see them again.

~Mystie
Old Feb 24th 2004, 10:43 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be honest with ya mate, i didnt understand a word of that.
Which part? Are you wondering what I'm referring to when talking about number cruchers?

If so, what I'm talking about is some who go to the USCIS case status checking page and input sequential case numbers to see which numbers relate to K-1 petitions. They then compile their data and post reports about the progress or lack of progress of a given service center on what appears to be pending K-1 cases.

And some of their reports show that there are very old cases waiting for approval, however your story confirms what I've been telling them all along… that sometimes the system will indicate a case is still pending when it has actually been approved long ago (and therefore their "reports" are based on faulty data).

I absolutely don't have anything against these "number cruchers". They are not wasting anybody's time (except their own) or slowing down anybody's case (slowing down a service center) by doing this and they can provide some insight on where a given service center is at as far as processing is concerned. I'm just saying that the online system quite often does not reflect approvals, so focusing on "older" case that seem to be still pending (according to the online system) seems to me to be a waste of time. And since this information is suspect, why whip everybody up into a tizzy about an old case that has probably already been approved?

Focusing on the more current cases makes much more sense to me.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Feb 24th 2004 at 10:51 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Which part? Are you wondering what I'm referring to when talking about number cruchers?

If so, what I'm talking about is some who go to the USCIS case status checking page and input sequential case numbers to see which numbers relate to K-1 petitions. They then compile their data and post reports about the progress or lack of progress of a given service center on what appear to be pending K-1 cases.

And some of their reports show that there are very old cases waiting for approval, however your story confirms what I've been telling them all along… that sometimes the system will indicate a case is still pending when it has actually been approved long ago (and therefore their "reports" are based on faulty data).

I absolutely don't have anything against these "number cruchers". They are not wasting anybody's time (except their own) or slowing down anybody's case (slowing down a service center) by doing this and they can provide some insight on where a given service center is at as far as processing is concerned. I'm just saying that the online system quite often does not reflect approvals, so focusing on "older" case that seem to be still pending (according to the online system) seems to me to be a waste of time. And since this information is suspect, why whip everybody up into a tizzy about an old case that has probably already been approved?

Focusing on the more current cases makes much more sense to me.
Ahh ok thankyou for clearing that up for me. I'm new to the forums and never heard those terms used before .

I find it quite strange that the case status of mine wasnt updated but it doesnt bother me, People should just be calm and sit out the waiting time then something will happen.

THOUGH saying that - my status WAS updated last October from 150/180 days to "15/30" remaining...for one day...one day i just happened to check on, so i got all happy and excited and - then it changed back and didnt ever change again lol.
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mcjimbo
Any other K1er's out there who are loosing there mind?

I swear I must check my case status at least 5-10 times a day in the faint hope I've recieved my 2nd NOA. But the more I read on this forum the more I look negatively on the whole process and our chances of an approval before our wedding. God I just feel like i'm loosing it!

As if the living away from your loved one isn't hard enough that now the chances of being approved within the already extremely long waiting period is becoming less of a reality! You would think 1/2 a year is more than enough time to process a bloody k1 application!

The other problem I have is my conscience. I really want to be honest with my current employer and give them plenty of notice and time to find a replacement for me. But the reality is I can't because I need the money and i'm sure they'd let me go early if they knew i was leaving.

This whole process is just so damn draining in everyway! Sorry for venting, but I feel the others here who are going through or have been through this process are the only ones who can relate to my situation. My family and friends try, but they really don't seem to understand how hard it is.

The frustrating thing is if we chose to live together in Australia or England this process would of been a lot shorter.....

Hey there James

I am so sorry to hear all that, I hope you get your NOA2 soon so you don't have to change the wedding date, Come on NSC!!
((((JAMES))) here is a cybernetic hug for you, Cheer up James I know you can do it!!!
Banned

Originally posted by mystie888
With all due respect Mr. Udall, it's not as simple as "chilling out" when you are separated from the one you love and you have no idea how long it will be before you will get to see them again.

~Mystie
I disagree. While I certainly understand the feelings one gets by being separated from a loved one (I've been separated from my loved one for 2 years now), flailing around is not going to change that. Try meditation or other relaxing techniques to alleviate the stress from this process. You will probably enjoy the wait more than by engaging in futile, stress heightening activities. Staring at the pot does not make it come to a boil any faster ;-).

Besides, when you fell in love with an international fiancée you knew you and your loved one would have to go through the process of immigration and you knew that this process would take some time, right?

For the typical case it's not a matter of "if" it will be approved, but rather a matter of "when" it will be approved. And due to the very nature of this work, of course you won't know exactly "when" the visa will be issued. But you will see your loved one again, so it's not as dramatic as finding out you will never be with your loved one again (which is the situation I find myself in).

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Feb 24th 2004 at 11:01 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

You will probably enjoy the wait more than by engaging in futile, stress heightening activities. Staring at the pot does not make it come to a boil any faster ;-).
Couldnt agree more, thats the exact reason i never signed up for this place before now (right before my interview).

All it did, with all due respect to everyone - as its not their fault but my own, was remind me of things i might've forgotten, depress me, worry me etc, and while i understand the community aspect and am glad it helps a lot of people - for me personally i had to avoid it and do my own thing to make the time go faster .
Old Feb 24th 2004, 10:54 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Couldnt agree more, thats the exact reason i never signed up for this place before now (right before my interview).

All it did, with all due respect to everyone - as its not their fault but my own, was remind me of things i might've forgotten, depress me, worry me etc, and while i understand the community aspect and am glad it helps a lot of people - for me personally i had to avoid it and do my own thing to make the time go faster .
This forum has kept me sane!! I am glad I found it!!!!
Old Feb 24th 2004, 11:04 pm
At last in Josh's arms =)

JoshsCarole is an unknown quantity at this point

THOUGH saying that - my status WAS updated last October from 150/180 days to "15/30" remaining...for one day...one day i just happened to check on, so i got all happy and excited and - then it changed back and didnt ever change again lol.
Oh yeah, I remember that...We were all like "OH OH OH!!!!!...................Nope." *g*

James HANG IN THERE!!!! I'm sure your fiancee is really worth the wait
Old Feb 24th 2004, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by JoshsCarole
Oh yeah, I remember that...We were all like "OH OH OH!!!!!...................Nope." *g*
Dammit that happened to everyone? now i REALLY wish i had been on the board then lol, i wouldnt've got my hopes up
Old Feb 24th 2004, 11:09 pm

Dammit that happened to everyone? now i REALLY wish i had been on the board then lol, i wouldnt've got my hopes up
Old Feb 24th 2004, 11:11 pm
At last in Josh's arms =)

JoshsCarole is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha!! It seems like it happened to a lot of people, regardless of which service center and all. Crazy schtuff.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by JoshsCarole
Haha!! It seems like it happened to a lot of people, regardless of which service center and all. Crazy schtuff.
I guess this is the Immigration idea of a practical joke? wow, those government types have a...strange sense of humor .

Just yet another complete newbie type question a second, whats the deal with the POE thing? yeah its pathetic i'm sure..but...you cant just fly into the nearest airport to where you wanna be? or am i COMPLETELY not understanding the entire deal? (very, very possible)
Old Feb 24th 2004, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

mystie888 is an unknown quantity at this point

I disagree. While I certainly understand the feelings one gets by being separated from a loved one (I've been separated from my loved one for 2 years now), flailing around is not going to change that. Try meditation or other relaxing techniques to alleviate the stress from this process. You will probably enjoy the wait more than by engaging in futile, stress heightening activities. Staring at the pot does not make it come to a boil any faster ;-).

Besides, when you fell in love with an international fiancée you knew you and your loved one would have to go through the process of immigration and you knew that this process would take some time, right?

For the typical case it's not a matter of "if" it will be approved, but rather a matter of "when" it will be approved. And due to the very nature of this work, of course you won't know exactly "when" the visa will be issued. But you will see your loved one again, so it's not as dramatic as finding out you will never be with your loved one again (which is the situation I find myself in).

I'm sorry that you don't think saying "chill out" is oversimplifying the emotions involved here. That was my point. That it's not that simple.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.