Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Just got married, and now have tons of questions about AOS...please help!!!

Just got married, and now have tons of questions about AOS...please help!!!

Old Feb 19th 2003, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all
Default Just got married, and now have tons of questions about AOS...please help!!!

Hi everyone,

Chris arrived at SFO on January 31st and we were married on Valentine's Day in a local city hall...YIPPEE !!!

We were even interviewed and filmed during the ceremony and the story (ok, 2 minute piece) aired on a local news station. We couldn't stop laughing after we saw it.

Anyway, I've started looking at the AOS and I have a few questions for you guys

Regarding Form I-485

1) What is the A#
2) Sec B, under family name for wife do I put married name, or maiden name
3) Which is the non immigrant visa #

Regarding Form G-325A
1) Do we both do a form (g-325A) each or just the foreign spouse
2) what is the file number
3) what is the alien registration #
4) what is this form submitted with application for ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Kat
Old Feb 19th 2003, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

kjdrga is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just got married, and now have tons of questions about AOS...please help!!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by katnap8
Hi everyone,

Regarding Form I-485

[i]1) What is the A#
It should be the number on the back of this I-94 that immigration wrote on at his POE

[i]2) Sec B, under family name for wife do I put married name, or maiden name
Put whatever name you legally have. I put my maiden name as at the time of AOS I hadn't changed my name yet.

[i]3) Which is the non immigrant visa #
I would assume this is the number that is on his actual visa in his passport

[i]Regarding Form G-325A
1) Do we both do a form (g-325A) each or just the foreign spouse
yes you each fill one out

[i]2) what is the file number
I'm not sure I think that is an internal reference number.

[i]3) what is the alien registration #
It is the same as A#

[i]4) what is this form submitted with application for ?
I don't know, they just like to have current info, it shouldn't be too much trouble as you can just copy most from the form you submitted with the I-129F.

Congradulations! Are you going to be applying for AP and EAD? If so he'll need more pictures taken.

Last edited by kjdrga; Feb 19th 2003 at 6:57 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2003, 7:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just got married, and now have tons of questions about AOS...please help!!!

Only one G-325A and that is for the foreign spouse since you are adjusting from a K-1 and not in need of an I-130.

You can check it out here:

http://www.kamya.com/aos/

It tells what each petition requires and on the left side is a list of states with filing experiences for each of the INS offices. Look for the one you will be using and gage how to file for your office.

Note there is no form 9003 any more. I will ask Tish to remove that reference from the site.

Rete

Originally posted by kjdrga
It should be the number on the back of this I-94 that immigration wrote on at his POE

Put whatever name you legally have. I put my maiden name as at the time of AOS I hadn't changed my name yet.

I would assume this is the number that is on his actual visa in his passport

yes you each fill one out

I'm not sure I think that is an internal reference number.

It is the same as A#

I don't know, they just like to have current info, it shouldn't be too much trouble as you can just copy most from the form you submitted with the I-129F.

Congradulations! Are you going to be applying for AP and EAD? If so he'll need more pictures taken.
Old Feb 19th 2003, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for clarifying, I suppose we only filled out one, now that I really think about it. I don't have any copies to refer to since we were in such a rush.
Old Feb 19th 2003, 8:27 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kat and Chris,

Congratulations on your marriage! May you have many years of happiness together.

Debbie
Old Feb 20th 2003, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all
Default Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks for the help and the congrats.
Old Feb 21st 2003, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

FlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to all

[QUOTE]Originally posted by kjdrga

Is this correct? Maybe this is true for fiancee's, but most other people don't get anything stamped on the back. For example, the only reason my wife has an A# is because the was assigned one for her EAD. The kids have no A#.

-fr
Old Feb 21st 2003, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

sal_whit will become famous soon enoughsal_whit will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FlightRisk

Is this correct? Maybe this is true for fiancee's, but most other people don't get anything stamped on the back. For example, the only reason my wife has an A# is because the was assigned one for her EAD. The kids have no A#.

-fr
FlightRisk

It maybe different for K1's,I am on a K1 and both my Daughter and myself has an A# stamped on the back of our 1-94.
My Daughters actually say's PA#????

Sal
Old Feb 21st 2003, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FlightRisk

-fr
I was refering to the K1, but my husband's A# was really assigned back with the 1st NOA. The number has maintained the same throughout the correspondence with INS. So I do not believe that the I-94 is the first place that once will see it.
Old Feb 21st 2003, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

FlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to all

I was wondering about this. I would guess that it IS different for K1's because that is the reason they came here as opposed to people who came here on another status and adjusted. I also noticed that the J1 under whom my wife originally came in under as a J2 has "Prog: P12345". I'm assuming this refers to an identification number of the program they came in under and who brought them in.

-fr

Originally posted by sal_whit
FlightRisk

It maybe different for K1's,I am on a K1 and both my Daughter and myself has an A# stamped on the back of our 1-94.
My Daughters actually say's PA#????

Sal
Old Feb 21st 2003, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

beyness is an unknown quantity at this point

IN regards to the A#, Greg has his on the actualy visa (the one with his picture), but not on the I-94. There is a departure number on the I-94, but that is all.. The number on his visa matches the one on our 2nd NOA from Nebraska(he number under his name). This is for a K-1.