Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

July/August I-130 DCF filers come here!

July/August I-130 DCF filers come here!

Old Sep 17th 2010, 11:14 am
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of
Default Re: July/August I-130 DCF filers come here!

http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/i130filing.html

"As of September 17, 2010 we are processing petitions filed on June 20, 2010"
I can't believe they're still processing June for almost 2 months now!!!

I'm curious to see if meaxuna's theory (5 months of processing start to finish in most cases) will be the case this year, as it seems to me that they're making almost no progress at all lately!!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jillp
... while we wait for our I-130 to be approved, will there be any trouble taking a short holiday in the US for my husband?
Not likely, no. He'll need to be able to demonstrate his ties to the UK, but he'd want to do that for any trip to the US.

Would immigration even know yet that we'd filed an I-130?
Probably not, but you'd need to assume that they do know... just to be on the safe side!

My husband has an ESTA from last year, would we even need to mention our petition, or treat it as a normal holiday?
Unless you are specifically asked about a petition, you're under no obligation to even mention it.

Ian
Old Sep 17th 2010, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C_C
I can't believe they're still processing June for almost 2 months now!
In June, they received 143,242 applications... it'll take a while to get through them.

Ian
Old Sep 17th 2010, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

shayward is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
In June, they received 143,242 applications... it'll take a while to get through them.

Ian
Do you have a link to see that data?

Would be interested to see how it changes over time.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 1:30 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

Ian
WOW!!!!
I've no idea how high their normal numbers are per month, but this sounds like an extraordinarily high number! A record number even?? I always thought they'd get a few thousand petitions per month, but that many? Never even crossed my mind!

Yeah, it would be very useful to share this data if you have it!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

krosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to all

Originally Posted by C_C
WOW!!!!
I've no idea how high their normal numbers are per month, but this sounds like an extraordinarily high number! A record number even?? I always thought they'd get a few thousand petitions per month, but that many? Never even crossed my mind!

Yeah, it would be very useful to share this data if you have it!
Don't listen to Ian, he is ill informed! The true number was 1,445,788 according to my sources

PS
Old Sep 17th 2010, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

shayward is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps that is the number across the globe?

And is it only for spouse based green card visas?
Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:25 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

I think krosfyah's comment was meant to be a joke.

Seriously though, I'd be interested to know where we can get those numbers, if we can.
I've seen some State Department reports re the number of immigrants who get into the country every year on different kinds of visas. I'm forgetting if the report I saw was for 2008 or for 2009, but the number it stated for people who entered on fiance and spouse visas was about 650,000 worldwide for that year! Which is why the above mentioned number of petitions just for London and just for one month seemed mind-blowing! Unless it includes petitions forwarded from the US Service Centres, as well as applications for tourist, student, and other types of visas, which makes much more sense!
That said, comparing the figure with immigration number reports from previous years, there has always always an upwards trend.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:26 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by C_C
I made up the number! The point here is, you have no idea how many applications were received in June... so if the processing dates don't change, it's because there are a lot to get through.

I'll add here - for the sake of anyone else reading - that following processing dates is the first step on the road to madness. The second step is believing that those processing dates have any bearing to reality. The third step is so horrible... suffice to say that strong men have been reduced to quivvering masses of jelly!

Ian
Old Sep 17th 2010, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

jillp is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll add here - for the sake of anyone else reading - that following processing dates is the first step on the road to madness. The second step is believing that those processing dates have any bearing to reality. The third step is so horrible... suffice to say that strong men have been reduced to quivvering masses of jelly!

Ian
And just think how perturbed we'll all be when they pass our date of filing (that far future day) and we STILL haven't heard anything....

Jill
Old Sep 28th 2010, 8:42 am
C_C
Forum Regular

Just a head's up: as per the website, they're now processing early July petitions - at last!! Yay!! (as of september 28th, they're processing July 2nd)
It only took two months to move away from June!

So early July filers on this thread - expect that you'll be hearing soon .
And please don't forget to keep us posted!
Old Sep 28th 2010, 3:05 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shayward
traceyogden, your case is quite different from other peoples on this thread.

I'd suggest that you start a new topic on your case as you will have more chance of some-one who can help coming across it that way.

good luck with everything.
Shayward, we must've been typing at the same time
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 9:49 am
Just Joined

adwb1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I posted my i-130 petition on June 5th and received official approval on October 1st. The processing times do seem to be slower than usual.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by adwb1
The processing times do seem to be slower than usual.
Since you have no idea how many people also applied at the same time as you, you have no way of knowing whether or not things really are slower than usual. Per capita, it could be an improvement.

Ian
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 8:07 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Plan for fee increases effective in November, even for those of you who have started cases already.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.