Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

July/August I-130 DCF filers come here!

July/August I-130 DCF filers come here!

Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

shayward is an unknown quantity at this point
Default July/August I-130 DCF filers come here!

Thought I would start a new thread for those of us filing now

So far I have posted my I-130 to the embassy in London special delivery to the street address they list for express deliveries. Sent of the 12th of July and arrived on the 13th of July according to the post office.

No postcard, no email and no credit card charge yet.

I am the husband who has UK citizenship, and my wife is the USC.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 4:13 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of
Default Re: July/August I-130 DCF filers come here!

Hi,
I thought I'd join this thread as my husband and I are doing DCF in London very soon (we aim to send off the package next Monday the 2nd of August - recorded delivery).
My husband is the USC. I'm originally from Greece (so not really a British expat) but have been living in London for the past several years.

Fingers crossed that everything will be ok and that our application is accepted for DCF. See, although my husband (USC) has been living here continuously for the past 3 years and has strong proof for that (including apartment lease and full-time work), he's on a limited-leave-to-remain type visa in the UK, and I've heard that some people have been rejected for DCF on the basis that they don't have a permanent visa. That said, I've also read about LOTS of cases with non-indefinite visas, who've been accepted no problem. So fingers crossed we'll fall into the second category, although we are prepared that we may be told to file Stateside

Good luck to all the July/August filers and I'll keep you posted on our case. Please keep everyone posted on your visa news!!
Old Jul 26th 2010, 5:38 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Yia sou! We did it the other way around.. my DH was a UKC but we filed through Athens, as I was living temporarily sti Rodos!
Small world.

PS: have just used up all my known Greek, fyi.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 5:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna View Post
You didn't say "opa!"
Old Jul 26th 2010, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

AlistairL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101 View Post
You didn't say "opa!"
Hey, currently getting stuff ready to send the i130 tomorrow. I'm the ukc and my wife is the USC. Even though she's the one petitioning for me the money is going to come from me, hope that isn't a problem. Does anyone know the exact address I'm going to be sending this to?

Thanks
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:10 am
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by meauxna View Post
Yia sou! We did it the other way around.. my DH was a UKC but we filed through Athens, as I was living temporarily sti Rodos!
Small world.

Haha, wow, the world IS small
Yia sou to you!!
I had no idea you could file through Athens too - that must have been really quick, they shouldn't be handling too many petitions there!
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:10 am
C_C
Forum Regular

You didn't say "opa!"

Hahaha
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:16 am
C_C
Forum Regular

AlistairL, are you talking about paying the I-130 fee? There shouldn't be a problem with who pays for that. Btw, the fees have recently increased - it's now $404 for the I-130 petition (called the USCIS helpcenter at the Embassy a couple days ago and they confirmed that, although they haven't updated their forms).

For the address, scroll down on the link:
http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/
Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:55 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't say "opa!"
I have the sudden urge to bake a Bundt cake!

Ian
Old Jul 27th 2010, 2:57 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm View Post
I have the sudden urge to bake a Bundt cake!

Ian
My husband says you don't realize how hilarious this movie is unless you've met someone who's Greek
Old Jul 27th 2010, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

AlistairL is an unknown quantity at this point

Petition sent today. I sent it at least 6 hours ago and STILL no reply..
Old Jul 27th 2010, 4:29 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C_C View Post
My husband says you don't realize how hilarious this movie is unless you've met someone who's Greek
My in-laws are Persian...I totally understood the subtleties of that movie...it was hilarious!

Rene
Old Jul 27th 2010, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

shayward is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by C_C View Post
AlistairL, are you talking about paying the I-130 fee? There shouldn't be a problem with who pays for that. Btw, the fees have recently increased - it's now $404 for the I-130 petition (called the USCIS helpcenter at the Embassy a couple days ago and they confirmed that, although they haven't updated their forms).

For the address, scroll down on the link:
http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

The above link still says its $355, as do the forms themselves.

Where did you see it was $404?

Are you referring to the following:

http://london.usembassy.gov/immigran...s/iv_fees.html

This is the fee for applying for the visa, which is not the same as the fee required for filing an i-130. Once the i-130 is approved then you are allowed to apply for the visa itself.

The fee for the visa is paid on the day of the interview to the cashier at the embassy.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 4:57 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shayward View Post
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

The above link still says its $355, as do the forms themselves.

Where did you see it was $404?

Are you referring to the following:

http://london.usembassy.gov/immigran...s/iv_fees.html

This is the fee for applying for the visa, which is not the same as the fee required for filing an i-130. Once the i-130 is approved then you are allowed to apply for the visa itself.

The fee for the visa is paid on the day of the interview to the cashier at the embassy.
I've seen all these links. And I got confused, because this is what I thought- that the $404 would be for the second stage, when you apply for the actual visa. Just to confirm that, I called the USCIS helpcentre in London last week (the number that charges £1.20/minute - but at least they picked up immediately ), I told them I was double-checking about the I-130 fee because I saw that fees went up, and they told me it's $404(!!!). But what you say makes much more sense and that's what I originally thought. So I guess I'll go with the original $355 then if that's what everyone's still paying. It's not the first time I've read about USCIS giving misleading info, so I'm not going to contest that!
Old Jul 27th 2010, 5:07 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Fees for Visa Services
http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html

Filing an immigrant visa petition (When collected by U.S. Embassies and Consulates for USCIS. Fees subject to change.)
Immigrant petition for relative (I-130) $355

Immigrant visa application processing fees (non-refundable, per person)

Immediate relative and family preference applications (processed on the basis of an approved I-130, I-600 or I-800 petition) $330

Immigrant visa security surcharge (per person applying for any immigrant visa category) $74

You should always check uscis.gov for the latest forms and fee + mailing information. Forms can take a while to be updated, but current information is always posted on the form download page at uscis.gov

Visa and Dept of State visa have just gone up; that the info in the first link I posted.
Petitions = USCIS
Visa applications - Dept of State/DOS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.