Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Joint a/c docs for AOS Interview

Joint a/c docs for AOS Interview

Old Jan 23rd 2003, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

AmIinTrouble is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Joint a/c docs for AOS Interview

Do all your accounts have to be joint? I mean, I and my wife have the apt lease, one bank account and one utility joint. Will this be enough?

We have our own credit cards and the cable is in my name and the phone is in her name, the address is the same. Can we use them too?

Did anyone get into trouble for not having enough joint accounts or all accounts under joint name?

TIA
AmIinTrouble
Old Jan 24th 2003, 1:00 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Joint a/c docs for AOS Interview

Originally posted by AmIinTrouble
Do all your accounts have to be joint? I mean, I and my wife have the apt lease, one bank account and one utility joint. Will this be enough?

We have our own credit cards and the cable is in my name and the phone is in her name, the address is the same. Can we use them too?

Did anyone get into trouble for not having enough joint accounts or all accounts under joint name?

TIA
AmIinTrouble
Throw in the cable in your name and phone in her name, for good measure. You are killing two birds with one stone here. The fact that you reside at the same address.
You have all the joint accounts you are going to need, I think. So don't worry.
Old Jan 24th 2003, 1:39 am
Polish Jelly

ania is an unknown quantity at this point

TIA
AmIinTrouble
Even if some of the bills are not on both names, but they still state the same address, they will count.
Old Jan 24th 2003, 2:04 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

TIA
AmIinTrouble
Should not be a problem. What about the car insurance? Both names? Do you have a letter from your respective employers stating who is emergency contact, beneficiary of health, dental, life, 401K plans, marital status claimed for tax purposes? All of that will help.

At the time of our interview, we had one joint checking acct, separate savings accts, my name on lease, all utilities, cable, credit cards (one joint), separate car loans, separate car registrations, etc. We did have joint car insurance and the pre-requisite employment letters. While my husband is not beneficiary of my private life insurance and I am not beneficiary in his will for any and all Canadian assets, we still passed the AOS interview. Why? Because of our interaction swaying the DAO to say while we talked with one another while looking for the fingerprint receipt "Now I know you are married."

You will be fine.

Rete
Old Jan 24th 2003, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

AmIinTrouble is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone for replying. I feel much better now.

We can get letter from our HR dept. showing beneficiary names. We have a lot of vacation photographs of us and our daughter, spanning over 2-3 years, which I am planning to take along.

Thanks again everyone......
AmIintrouble