interview tomorrow

Old Jul 17th 2015, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

sparkleandglitter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: interview tomorrow

Originally Posted by Neilus
just wanted to let you guys know my visa got approved
Congratulations! Were they only playing Cbeebies in the corner screen when you were there too?
Old Jul 17th 2015, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

sarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond repute

Lol as soon as we got in they shut down the snacks counter. It was sort of a cruel joke to have to sit there for 3 hours with dry mouth. Silly Embassy. And also, there was one janitor of Asian decent who spent the entire time we were there alternately mopping the bathrooms over and over again. I was like what?? Can I use them? Hahaha (I was unsure so I held it...until Birmingham). LOL

Congratulations, fellow visa buddy!! We are anxiously awaiting the email from DX.
Old Jul 17th 2015, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sarahincos
Lol as soon as we got in they shut down the snacks counter.
Snacks counter? I think the lady with the coffee stand was there but there was nothing else! Glad I made an emergency snack stop before hand

Also - good to know for future applications - if you don't want to pay commission on your credit card and you have enough cash, you can pay in pounds! D'oh! It was probably somewhere but I didn't read it in time...
Old Jul 17th 2015, 4:17 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

just wanted to let you guys know my visa got approved
Excellent!

Ian
Old Jul 18th 2015, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

sarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't aware you were allowed to bring drinks and food into the Embassy. They need to post that somewhere!!
Old Jul 18th 2015, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

no mention of food or drinks being banned

Security Information | Embassy of the United States
Old Jul 18th 2015, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Lanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond repute

We (myself,wife and daughter) had our interview on Friday afternoon not marriage but EB3 I wondered if anybody on here would post.
I was suprised to see a water fountain and the fact that it was so quite in there we arrived 20mins late thought I never actually looked at the letter and Mrs had it in her head it was130 at the gates the silly G4S lady said sorry only you are allowed in to my wife!!??!! She did'nt read letter properly that wasted more time.
Then our daughter burst into tears as she was nervous and frightened due to the heavily armed police.
I was expecting to be watching CNN as I read it on one of the post but was surprised to see cartoons
Was any of you wearing an American flag Jersey or couldn't keep your hands of each other sat right at the front
Old Jul 27th 2015, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Neilus is an unknown quantity at this point

it was all easy stuff, nothing i didn't find hard. asked some basic questions, lasted about five minutes, then said, ok everything seems to be in order, i'm going to go ahead and approve this, i could have cried.

i'm flying out today, will there be anything different at immigration?, what is in that white packet?
Old Jul 27th 2015, 12:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The packet contains all your immigration paperwork to date.

Rene
Old Jul 27th 2015, 12:22 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... i'm flying out today, will there be anything different at immigration?, what is in that white packet?
You'll be sent to "Secondary" to be checked in, it only takes a few minutes, though if they're busy you can end up waiting a while (two hours is not unheard of).

The packet just has your papers in it, so the papers are there with you at whichever port you clear immigration at. Maybe one day the CBP will connect to the internet so they they can access your file electronically.
Old Jul 27th 2015, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You'll be sent to "Secondary" to be checked in, it only takes a few minutes, though if they're busy you can end up waiting a while (two hours is not unheard of).

The packet just has your papers in it, so the papers are there with you at whichever port you clear immigration at. Maybe one day the CBP will connect to the internet so they they can access your file electronically.
Thanks Pulaski - I was curious whether it was another list of questions to ask to make sure the applicant is the same person at the border or if they really were old school in their data sharing methods
Old Jul 27th 2015, 3:09 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkleandglitter
Thanks Pulaski - I was curious whether it was another list of questions to ask to make sure the applicant is the same person at the border or if they really were old school in their data sharing methods. .....
There are no more questions. They do check ID, and take at least one fingerprint (I don't now recall if I gave a complete set).
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

catawampus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks, just a quick question... the US embassy has 2 lines outside the London office. 1 for US citizens, and I'm not sure what the other line is for - as I've never been. My hubby has his appointment on Thursday. Wondering where I should send him? Do you guys know?
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 7:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Since he's not a USC, logic dictates that he won't be in that line. I believe there is an officer outside who will look at his appointment letter and direct him to the correct line.

Rene
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 8:01 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by catawampus
I'm not sure what the other line is for...
To follow Rene's lead... logic dictates that the other line is for non-US citizens.

Wondering where I should send him?
Send him to the London Embassy. I suggest that if he's able to get married on his own, he's able to figure out where he needs to be on his own!

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.