Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Interview for K1 received quickly!

Wikiposts

Interview for K1 received quickly!

Old Nov 19th 2008, 5:36 am
EJ3
Forum Regular

EJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview for K1 received quickly!

Hi welshgirl!

I received my K1 interview date today for the 28th November also! I'll probably see you there, along with hundreds of other people!
Old Nov 19th 2008, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

BRILLIANT!! I'll be the one trying to be smart-ish so the embassy think I'm respectable but wearing my trainers for stomping around London!! I have the wednesday and thurday off work so Im triple checking everything Wednesday, and packing, then going down to London on Thursday. I am not taking anything for granted though...Im too superstistious to put my leaving do on facebook in case I dont get my visa!!

Are you travelling down on the day or the day before?? Im staying at some cheap and undoubtedly sketchy hotel, but it's not too far away. Am also plnning on taking mini toiletries and PJs to throw away so I dont have a bag to take to the embassy.

When did you have your medical? I had mine yesterday, had a great time in my gown...bless the rediographer...he put me in the perfect position then my hair fell down so he had to go and put it up..FUNNY! I am bruised like a beast from the vlood test...took about 18 attempts to get the needle in!
Old Nov 19th 2008, 7:01 pm
EJ3
Forum Regular

EJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to London on the Friday, catching the 5.50am train!! I'm sure it will be worth the early start in the end. I went to the Embassy last year to get my J1 visa so I am a little less nervous this time.
This weekend is going to be photocopy weekend!

I had my medical on the 3rd Nov and it was absolutely fine. I had my hair tied up neatly but he said I had a few escaped bits so rushed in with a hair clip

Sounds like you have your trip well planned. I'll wait until (hopefully) the visa is granted, then wait for the courier to arrive- then have a big party!!
Old Nov 20th 2008, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

That's so weird - I went to the embassy last year (2005 and 2006 too!) for J1 visas to work at summer camp!!!

I am rolling my hen night and leaving night all into one big party in January, but Im not counting my chickens...I still wont allow my family to book any plane tickets over to America for our February wedding until visa is in hand. plus we are insured just in case we have to postpone. Im a superstitious old thing!