Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Interview for K1 received quickly!

Wikiposts

Interview for K1 received quickly!

Old Oct 29th 2008, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of
Default Interview for K1 received quickly!

Or at least it feels that way!!

I sent off my checklist on 10th October, and received my letter today that my interview will be on November 28th!!! So fingers crossed all will be well and good for our tentative wedding date of February 7th, 2009!!! (fingers crossed!!!)

Old Oct 31st 2008, 2:52 am
Just Joined

Mark81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Interview for K1 received quickly!

Hi welshgirl1,

congratulations on getting your interview date!

Can you help me? Im also in the process of getting a k1 fiance visa but Im confused. I had my medical two weeks ago and all went well but I havnt heard a thing about an interview date. What is the checklist that you mentioned in your post?

Thanks
Mark
Old Oct 31st 2008, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

The checklist was in the packet I received from the Embassy once our I129f had been approved...It listed the documents (eg police check, birth certificate, evidence of support) that I required to be ready for interview.

I believe some people might have referred to this as packet three...?

Anyway, once I sent that off, it really wasn't long before they sent me the interview date! VERY busy 4 weeks ahead (which I am happy about!)

Best of luck with your proceedings!!!!
Old Oct 31st 2008, 10:27 am
Just Joined

Thanks

How long was it between having the medical and getting 'packet 3'?
Old Oct 31st 2008, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark81
Hi welshgirl1,

congratulations on getting your interview date!

Can you help me? Im also in the process of getting a k1 fiance visa but Im confused. I had my medical two weeks ago and all went well but I havnt heard a thing about an interview date. What is the checklist that you mentioned in your post?

Thanks
Mark
Hi Mark,

What have you done so far?
Old Oct 31st 2008, 10:34 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

How long was it between having the medical and getting 'packet 3'?

Actually I believe you get the medical after you get package 3.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Actually I believe you get the medical after you get package 3.
Yes, this is true so I believe. You are meant to have the medical once you have packet 3 as the details for the medical are enlclosed within. Saying that, it has been known that some folk get their medicals done before packet 3 arrives.

I'm only guessing that Mark81 does not yet have packet 3 as he is unaware of the checklist that you have to send back - the one that comes with packet 3.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 10:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gstring
Yes, this is true so I believe. You are meant to have the medical once you have packet 3 as the details for the medical are enlclosed within. Saying that, it has been known that some folk get their medicals done before packet 3 arrives.

I'm only guessing that Mark81 does not yet have packet 3 as he is unaware of the checklist that you have to send back - the one that comes with packet 3.
Or maybe Mark's packet 3 was missing the checklist document.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Or maybe Mark's packet 3 was missing the checklist document.
I agree with this too. There are many "what if's"
Old Oct 31st 2008, 11:20 am
Just Joined

Hello,

Thanks for the replies.

I received a packet with details about the medical which told me to book the medical even if I didnt have a date for my interview. So I did and I had the medical about two weeks ago.

In the packet, there was no checklist or anything that I was supposed to send to the embassy... just stuff to do with the medical.

I phoned the embassy today and they said that I should wait for the embassy to 'contact me'. But maybe they think that I have sent in this checklist already but I never received the checklist
Old Oct 31st 2008, 11:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Thanks for the replies.

I received a packet with details about the medical which told me to book the medical even if I didnt have a date for my interview. So I did and I had the medical about two weeks ago.

In the packet, there was no checklist or anything that I was supposed to send to the embassy... just stuff to do with the medical.

I phoned the embassy today and they said that I should wait for the embassy to 'contact me'. But maybe they think that I have sent in this checklist already but I never received the checklist
Hi Mark,

Here is a thread all about the checklist, might be worth reading:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...et+3+checklist

Rene
Old Nov 1st 2008, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Yeah, my checklist arrived with the medical info...my medical is the 18th, then interview on 28th!! Am so excited!! Well except for the medical probing bit!

Though I am of course keeping everything crossed...am too cautious to get TOO excited!!

Last edited by welshgirl1; Nov 1st 2008 at 10:16 am. Reason: Didn't want to seem obnoxiously excited!!!
Old Nov 1st 2008, 11:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by welshgirl1
Yeah, my checklist arrived with the medical info
Okay, so they forgot to put the checklist in the packet they sent me then
Old Nov 1st 2008, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

At least now you know and can hunt the checklist down! The medical is probably the biggest pain in the butt thing to get...the police check, birth certificate, etc are all straightforward to get hold of if you dont already have, so with any luck it should not be too much of a hinderance to you time wise. Fingers crossed for you getting it all straightened out soon!
Old Nov 1st 2008, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Mark,

This might help
http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new...rocessing.html

I have seen the form online, you could download it then send it to them. It's form number IV-15. http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...visaforms.html

Last edited by gstring; Nov 1st 2008 at 2:04 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.