Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Interview in Buenos Aires, no visa yet.

Interview in Buenos Aires, no visa yet.

Old Jan 14th 2004, 3:33 am
GiveMeStrength

Default Interview in Buenos Aires, no visa yet.

My fiance went in for his interview this morning and called me just as soon as he was done. His interview was scheduled for 10:00am this morning and I received his call at 12:30 his time, which was 8:30 am here.

After about 3 words came out of his mouth, I could tell from the tone of his voice that he was happy with the way things went. This put me at ease immediately, especially after a long restless night of sleep or should I say non-sleep. It's funny how you can be thousands of miles apart, but with just a few words said through a telephone, you can sense how the other is feeling and if they're happy or sad.

Anyway, my fiance's not much of giving a lot of details, so when I talk to him again, I'll have to ask a lot of questions to get more of the details. In his summarized version, he said his interview lasted close to an hour and they asked him a lot of questions about our relationship, about me and about my family. They told him that once they received our I-212 approval that they will call him to come pick up the visa. Although he didn't get the visa, we were both very happy with the outcome.

We had been so worried that his unauthorized work while he was here on a B2 visa would be an issue, but it never came up in the interview even though we had listed it under his previous employment. Maybe they just overlooked it? Who knows, but for whatever reason it was not brought up as an issue. I'm just thankful that we won't need to file another waiver.

We had a lot of family and friends praying for us today and I thank the Lord that our prayers were answered! Now we'll go back to waiting and hoping that our wait will be of the shorter variety!

It was a Happy Day!

Old Jan 14th 2004, 4:50 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview in Buenos Aires, no visa yet.

Originally posted by GiveMeStrength
Anyway, my fiance's not much of giving a lot of details, so when I talk to him again, I'll have to ask a lot of questions to get more of the details.
Hooray! That's wonderful news! By the way, he sounds just like my fiance! LOL I end up calling him back a few times after we talk, just to get a few more details each time. :-)

Best Wishes!
Rene
Old Jan 17th 2004, 2:40 pm
Reuben From Boston

Hey, congratulations.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

--- Reuben from Boston

Old Jan 18th 2004, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

Lost2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Better late than never, but here is goes, CONGRatulations. If you do not mind me asking, what is your I-212 for? How much longer you think you'll have to wait?

Hopefully not too much longer!