Reload this Page >

Immunisation Requirements for the Medical Exam

Immunisation Requirements for the Medical Exam

Old Oct 27th 2019, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

vivid291 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immunisation Requirements for the Medical Exam

Hello all,

Hoping you can help with a little conundrum.
I've got my medical exam in a few weeks and between now and then I'll be going to the doctors to have some immunisations that I know I'll need and don't want to pay for on the day of the medical. My GP has looked at my immunisation history, as have I, and has determined that I need DTP (diphtheria, tetanus, polio) plus one other booster jab and a flu jab. However, I was looking at the vaccination requirements on the embassy's website and it seems like I actually don't need DTP as it's not a requirement within my age rage but it seems like I do need Tdap (diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis) as this doesn't appear on my immunisation record and seems to be one they insist on my having. I'm just wondering if anyone could tell me what their experience was at the medical in regards to needing or not needing Tdap. Did anyone have Tdap administered by their GP beforehand or did anyone have DTP beforehand and did not require Tdap as a result? I don't want to allow my GP to give me the DTP if it's pointless and could potentially interfere with my having the Tdap as they seem like similar immunisations. I don't know enough about how immunisations work but it surely can't be safe to have two similar immunisations so close together, right?
Sorry if that's a little confusing, though I am very confused and don't quite know how best to resolve this in time.
Many thanks in advance for anyone that can fathom this out!
Old Oct 27th 2019, 7:01 pm
USA 2017

ivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immunisation Requirements for the Medical Exam

I went to my doctor's office and spoke to a nurse, and provided a copy of my visa requirements.

They did not have a record of my childhood vaccinations, since that was done prior to computerisation. They had a record of my booster tetanus & polio in 1990 though.

I then received the low dose diphtheria, tetanus and inactivated polio vaccination, along with the MMR. 4 weeks later I received the MMR booster, and was given an official printout of my vaccination record which included the above information.

This was accepted at my medical.