IDIT photos

Old Jan 18th 2003, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

Jo Brayne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IDIT photos

we had ours done today.

I am just freaking out that they might not accept them. We got them done at a place in Hanging Water (yep), Sheffield and they seemed to have no probs in doing it The white background is a mini screen you sit in front of, and the roll top of that is visible at the top of the pics but I think we can safely say that our pics meet the required specificiations. Two sets of two for £7 !!

Has anyone had any problems with these? like if something is 1/16 of an inch or less off, or just that the 'angle' was good enough or ? I'm speaking primarily of London Embassy here.

Conveniently, I had my hair cut today and my husband had his cut last weekend!
Old Jan 18th 2003, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

207lonsdale is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ADIT photos

I went to the approved photographers in London to get my photograph for the I-129F submission. I tried to get the photograph done in my local town, however, whilst they could order the specified glossy paper they could not adhere to the required size specification.

After arriving in London I visited three of the photgraphers approved by the Embassy and paid for three sets of photographs ..... just to be on the safe side and to have some choice on what 'mug shot' I would be sending to my other half!

What I found really odd was that not one of the photographs actually conformed to the specifications required. I queried the third photographer on this fact to which he confirmed that he had never had one of his photographs rejected by any SC or the Embassy. He also went on to show me various specifications he had been provided with and how it was impossible to actually comply with the specifications given in some cases!!

My adit photograph has not been rejected, thus it would seem that full compliance with the specification is not essential.
Old Jan 18th 2003, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

I have seen the spec for the pictures re size, background, and 3/4 face, dimension of head to hair etc.

If you use one of the newer photo booths in say Tesco Stores, these pictures comply exactly and cost £4 for 4. All are identical the 1" rule applies and you can proof the pictures before you actually have them taken.

When your happy, press the button and then wait 2 hours for them to develop and pop out of the slot !!!!.

Rob
Old Jan 18th 2003, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Default IDIT photos

he probably said that about not being rejected because if it had been, he wouldnt know. Who's going to go back to the same guy that couldn't do it properly?
Old Jan 18th 2003, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

207lonsdale is on a distinguished road
Default Re: IDIT photos

Originally posted by Jo Brayne
he probably said that about not being rejected because if it had been, he wouldnt know. Who's going to go back to the same guy that couldn't do it properly?
He is an approved photographer, and I certainly would have gone back if the photograph had been rejected and expected him to get it right second time around for no additional charge!
Old Jan 18th 2003, 10:30 pm
L D Jones

Jo Brayne wrote:
    >
    > he probably said that about not being rejected because if it had been,
    > he wouldnt know. Who's going to go back to the same guy that couldn't do
    > it properly?

Someone might complain eventually. Those photos, if taken at places near
the Embassy (as ours were) are not cheap! My wife probably would have
demanded her money back.

Old Jan 18th 2003, 11:08 pm
Mrtravel

So no one is confused, that is ADIT, not IDIT as the subject line says

Old Jan 19th 2003, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

Default "IDIT" photos

sorry, I only got that 'IDIT' name off this forum. Dont remember whose post.

thanks for that.
Old Jan 19th 2003, 8:52 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Does anyone know what ADIT actually stands for??

Just curious,

Debbie
Old Jan 19th 2003, 2:09 pm
Oregon/ShangHai

donahso is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dbark
Hi,

Does anyone know what ADIT actually stands for??

Just curious,

Debbie

From the INS website:

ADIT -- Alien Documentation, Identification and Telecommunication System