Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I have a serious question!!

I have a serious question!!

Old Jan 13th 2007, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice
Default Re: I have a serious question!!

If I were you I would send him a text telling him he is dumped and you dont want him back
That puts you in control and you can start re building your self esteem and confidence. He sounds like an absolute shit who you would be better off without

Good luck stay strong love yourself you are more deserving than him

Mary
Old Jan 13th 2007, 9:51 pm
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CandynAngela
Hi everyone.. I am new here... But I have a problem.. My husband is from Wales.. I am American... We got married Dec, of 05.. Everything was wonderful... and then all the sudden he changed.. Now I know that I am not perfect.. But I really think I got false advertising with him.. So needless to say we are having major problems... He already has his green card.. and is now back in Wales for a "visit" He left on Dec. 6th. 2006 and was supposed to return Dec. 20.. He hasn't come back yet.. and no projected time... So my problem is.. I am really starting to think that he married me for the Green card.. Is there anything I can do??

Thanks for all your advice..

Angela
report him to the americam immigration get them to cancel his card if he as returned to a different state he'll be deported when he tries to work and if not he'll be picked up at the air port .the send him a note saying some thing horid
Old Jan 13th 2007, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CandynAngela
Hi everyone.. I am new here... But I have a problem.. My husband is from Wales.. I am American... We got married Dec, of 05.. Everything was wonderful... and then all the sudden he changed.. Now I know that I am not perfect.. But I really think I got false advertising with him.. So needless to say we are having major problems... He already has his green card.. and is now back in Wales for a "visit" He left on Dec. 6th. 2006 and was supposed to return Dec. 20.. He hasn't come back yet.. and no projected time... So my problem is.. I am really starting to think that he married me for the Green card.. Is there anything I can do??

Thanks for all your advice..

Angela
This guy is very mixed up and perhaps he does know whats what himself. Some families are damn funny and can split marriages if the person is easily led.
Maybe you should stop ringing and wait and see what happens,ie how long before he rings you.If it goes over a certain amount of days (set yourelf a time limit).I would ring and give an ultimatum. I have done this in the past. You can't be kept dangling and I know it hurts like hell,but you can't get on with your life and heal until you take control and show him your not weak sorry.This sort of crap from people makes me sick.

Best of luck try and do other things to take your mind of it
Old Jan 13th 2007, 11:18 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toandfro
report him to the americam immigration get them to cancel his card if he as returned to a different state he'll be deported when he tries to work and if not he'll be picked up at the air port .the send him a note saying some thing horid
This is complete nonsense. Not a good idea to dispense immigation-related advice if you don't have a clue. If the marriage was entered in good faith, the GC will not be revoked. Whether or not it was entered in good faith, will be determined when he comes to remove conditions (assuming that his I-551 is still conditional).
Old Jan 13th 2007, 11:44 pm
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
This is complete nonsense. Not a good idea to dispense immigation-related advice if you don't have a clue. If the marriage was entered in good faith, the GC will not be revoked. Whether or not it was entered in good faith, will be determined when he comes to remove conditions (assuming that his I-551 is still conditional).
my appologies, I just don't like that sort of Crap and in that situation it is what I would do ,if it can be done or not would be something I would deal with at the time .good faith on one side but not the other apparently .I would do every thing I could to prevent his returning but then I have a real nasty streak