Reload this Page >

I have a conditional green card expiring whilst I’m in uk

I have a conditional green card expiring whilst I’m in uk

Old Apr 1st 2020, 6:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I have a conditional green card expiring whilst I’m in uk

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
The fact that the OP is worried about losing her US status leads one to believe she has no Re-entry permit,

She is probably using the NHS for maternity services as she is living with her mother in the UK - she probably did not cancel her GP registration when she left - just picked it up again.
Well I never cancelled my registration, I would imagine I have been culled by now. I guess I am supporting Mr F in that these are just 2 issues that popped into my head, probably could come up with a few more.
Old Apr 1st 2020, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Well I never cancelled my registration, I would imagine I have been culled by now. .
Me too ... the OP has only left the UK in the past 2 years - still on the books......
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 10:22 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Which are?!?!?!

Honestly - how you expect the forum is improve by just saying 'they're wrong, but I won't say how' is beyond me and has been for a few years at this point.

If you had your way all the US section of BE would be is a single line:

'Consult an experienced immigration attorney. Furthermore deponent sayeth not'
I do not say that every case needs an attorney. Never have. I will admit that I have trouble with misinformation given in authoritative manner.

You may want to take a look at publications from Nolo Press, a long time DIY advocate. Their books often have warnings on various scenarios that it is time to get a lawyer. OP is in such a situation.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 2nd 2020 at 10:31 pm. Reason: Abuse..not a good look for an attorney
Old Apr 4th 2020, 12:52 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
The fact that the OP is worried about losing her US status leads one to believe she has no Re-entry permit,

She is probably using the NHS for maternity services as she is living with her mother in the UK - she probably did not cancel her GP registration when she left - just picked it up again.
If she doesn't have one, then she can apply at the US Embassy for a returning resident document. The crux of the situation is that she had to have registered as a resident of the UK in order to use the NHS. Will this be seen in the light as a necessary step because of her pregnancy or as proof that she had relinquished US residency?

Unfortunately, her situation is not cut and dried and at the very least, she in the UK or her husband in the US should consult with an experienced immigration attorney in regards to filing the I-751 in their situation.

Last edited by Rete; Apr 4th 2020 at 12:55 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2020, 4:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
If The crux of the situation is that she had to have registered as a resident of the UK in order to use the NHS. Will this be seen in the light as a necessary step because of her pregnancy or as proof that she had relinquished US residency?

From earlier posts the OP left the UK approx 2 years ago (maybe an even shorter time scale.) She returned and was living with Mother. She would not have had to do anything regarding registering as a resident in the UK.

In practice, she being a UK citizen and back living with Mum, she would only have had to go to her local GP, say she was pregnant and she would have received NHS services. Doubt whether any other questions would have been asked.

It happens all the time - UK citizens leave the UK, return, and are seen as eligible for NHS services - whether or not it is their intention to remain permanently.

As far as the OP is concerned, she merely returned to the UK, had her baby there and now wants to return to the US

Old Apr 4th 2020, 5:14 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
If she doesn't have one, then she can apply at the US Embassy for a returning resident document. The crux of the situation is that she had to have registered as a resident of the UK in order to use the NHS. Will this be seen in the light as a necessary step because of her pregnancy or as proof that she had relinquished US residency?

Unfortunately, her situation is not cut and dried and at the very least, she in the UK or her husband in the US should consult with an experienced immigration attorney in regards to filing the I-751 in their situation.
OP’s situation is such that I would be concerned that many of my former colleagues in the bar would not be really be qualified to give advice and aid. Hence that was the reason I gave a specific name. He is a person I trust to admit there are issues and give educated guidance.

keep safe.
Old Apr 5th 2020, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. Get an attorney fast. And not just a cheapo first person on Google one. You're not in state of mind to diy this.