I am now a US citizen

Old Sep 25th 2004, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

sarina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I am now a US citizen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all.. I got sworn in yesterday sep 24 in houston office..
uugghh it was loonnnggg.. time was 7:30 didn't start until 11:00 we were out with cert by 12:30 slept really good last night .. i cried when they awarded a natz cert to the parents of i think claudia who died in oct 03 in iraq.. it was really touching.. the mayor was there to give a speech.. there were 2260 people being sworn in...

My PD was apr 5
Fingerprint June first week
Got interview letter end of june for Aug 12
Interview Aug 12, recomended for approval and should receive a letter for oath
Got oath letter sep 10th in mail for Sep 24.
became a us citizen sep 24..

so with the grace of god, the entire process took 5 and half month. Now i m upgrading my husbands 1-130 filied in july 01 to citizen and was told that it would be approved within 60days from the date of reciept. I am also filing for K3 next week even thought my lawyer said don't need to cause I130 will be approved in 90 days from the day he mails off the letter but i m doing it any ways... Can;t belive i m finally here.. i thought i would never get here.. soo now inshallah i will be reunited with my husband soon.. i hope i hope..
Good luck to all..

If n e one has any experience upgrading apps in texas please share..
Thanks
Sarina