Reload this Page >

I-864.... And what else??

I-864.... And what else??

Old Aug 3rd 2009, 3:27 pm
Rockin' In the Free World

BrookNTwon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-864.... And what else??

Hi

Getting all of my documents ready for my interview on the 28th of August at the London Embassy and am having my father-in-law be a joint sponsor for me.

Wondering what other documents (other than his W-2s and birth certificate) he needs to send me along with his I-864.... Does he need to send a letter from his employer, or payslips etc.?

Cheers

Anthony
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 3:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864.... And what else??

Originally Posted by BrookNTwon
Hi

Getting all of my documents ready for my interview on the 28th of August at the London Embassy and am having my father-in-law be a joint sponsor for me.

Wondering what other documents (other than his W-2s and birth certificate) he needs to send me along with his I-864.... Does he need to send a letter from his employer, or payslips etc.?

Cheers

Anthony
Yes.

Edit to expand: He should include whatever the I-864 instructions ask for. Don't forget his most recent 3 years of tax returns or tax transcripts.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Aug 3rd 2009 at 3:38 pm.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 4:00 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

A,

He needs to document whatever financial information is provided in his I-864.

Note that, in and of themselves, W-2 forms are useless. If he provides copies of his tax returns then they need to be copies of the complete tax return, which would include any W-2s, 1099s, schedules, attachments, and anything else that was sent in with the original return. If he provides IRS transcripts of his tax returns then he does not need to include W-2s or any of those other things.

Regards, JEff

Hi

Cheers

Anthony

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Aug 3rd 2009 at 4:25 pm. Reason: Referenced the wrong form.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 4:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
A,

He needs to document whatever financial information is provided in his I-130.

Note that, in and of themselves, W-2 forms are useless. If he provides copies of his tax returns then they need to be copies of the complete tax return, which would include any W-2s, 1099s, schedules, attachments, and anything else that was sent in with the original return. If he provides IRS transcripts of his tax returns then he does not need to include W-2s or any of those other things.

Regards, JEff
Just to clarify a bit, he would still need to show proof of his *current* income (letter of employment, recent pay stubs, etc).

If he uses tax transcripts, he does not need to show W-2's, 1099's, Schedules, etc., associated with the tax return.

Rene
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 4:06 pm

Thanks Rene and Jeff..... Your replies have been very helpful

Cheers

Anthony
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 6:09 pm

Just one further question....

Re. my wive's tax information/returns.... Would it be acceptable to submit copies of the documents that her tax accountant has filed with the IRS on her behalf to the embassy? The problem being that we are filing her taxes for the last 3 years right now and am not sure whether we will get the transcripts back from the IRS before my interview on the 28th August...

Cheers

Anthony
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 6:22 pm

Just one further question....

Re. my wive's tax information/returns.... Would it be acceptable to submit copies of the documents that her tax accountant has filed with the IRS on her behalf to the embassy? The problem being that we are filing her taxes for the last 3 years right now and am not sure whether we will get the transcripts back from the IRS before my interview on the 28th August...

Cheers

Anthony
Yes, copies of what the accountant has filed will be fine. Since you're using a joint sponsor, your wife's income doesn't really come into play anyway....evidently she doesn't earn enough, right? But it's good to have hers anyway, in case the ConOff wants to see them.

Rene