I-864 Help

Old Sep 12th 2018, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

theroon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-864 Help

Hi everybody,

I just wanted a bit of clarification on the I-864 form. I'm a UKC married to a UK/USC. She has a flat in London worth about £400,000. She has a £60,000 mortgage on it. Am I right in thinking the £340,000 she put down on the flat can be used as evidence of financial stability/worth as a sponsor?

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 12th 2018, 12:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864 Help

You mean the equity in her property? Yes, as long as she can show the value of the property today minus the outstanding mortgage. It is not financial stability she needs to show but that she can support you at 125% of the property guidelines when you come to the US. This could be a job in the US which won't work for her as she is living in the UK at present or assets 3x the 125% of the poverty guidelines for a family her size. At this point, I believe there aren't any children so it two people, you plus her.
Old Sep 12th 2018, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks very much. So she just needs to show a valuation of th property and her mortgage details? I've just read that it is important to show reestablish domicile in the US. She has a bank account there with about $20,000 in it and has an email from a company offering her a job interview. Is that enough do you think?
Old Sep 12th 2018, 12:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

London's US Consulate is quite lenient about the re-establishing domicile issue. They have yet to ask for proof from any posters. What she has is enough. In particular is the job offer.

If you were as financially healthy as your wife, you do know that your assets could also be used in addition to hers.
Old Sep 12th 2018, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
London's US Consulate is quite lenient about the re-establishing domicile issue. They have yet to ask for proof from any posters. What she has is enough. In particular is the job offer.

If you were as financially healthy as your wife, you do know that your assets could also be used in addition to hers.

Great help, thanks very much!