Reload this Page >

I-864 *dumb question alert*

I-864 *dumb question alert*

Old Aug 21st 2005, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

john26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy I-864 *dumb question alert*

Hi,
Could anyone tell me the differences between a I-864 and a I-864A?
My (american)wife and I are going the DCF route in the UK, and we are going to use her father for the joint sponsor. Does he fill out the I-864A, and my wife fill out the I-864?
Sorry for the probably very dumb question.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 9:34 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864 *dumb question alert*

Originally Posted by john26
Hi,
Could anyone tell me the differences between a I-864 and a I-864A?
My (american)wife and I are going the DCF route in the UK, and we are going to use her father for the joint sponsor. Does he fill out the I-864A, and my wife fill out the I-864?
Sorry for the probably very dumb question.

Since you are doing a DCF I take it your wife lives with you. So then she does an I-864 and her father does a separate I-864. They do not reside in the same household so the I-864A does not apply.

PS not a dumb question.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

john26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
Since you are doing a DCF I take it your wife lives with you. So then she does an I-864 and her father does a separate I-864. They do not reside in the same household so the I-864A does not apply.

PS not a dumb question.
Great stuff, I've been searching for ages for that information! Thanks Rete
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 12:15 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by john26
Great stuff, I've been searching for ages for that information! Thanks Rete
John, what Rete said, plus don't forget that you may include your assets with your wife's I-864 and, since you've lived together +6 months, any ongoing income you might have may be included.

If you're relying completely on your Joint Sponsor, you don't have to do the extra paperwork that the above would entail. It's merely an option.