Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-797 Notice of Action, Approval. What next?

I-797 Notice of Action, Approval. What next?

Old Jan 12th 2018, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

anothercalamity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-797 Notice of Action, Approval. What next?

I've just received the I-797 notice of action, approval. It took 8 months from submitting the I-130.
My question is......what is next?
It says wait for up to 30 days for instructions on what to do next. I'm traveling the USCIS site and this one and can't find anything on what you do.
I'd be very grateful for your input. I am UKC and my husband USC, I completed the I-130 on his behalf and all paperwork is being sent c/o me.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 6:53 pm
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-797 Notice of Action, Approval. What next?

I received mine on 12/16/17 and I am still waiting for my paperwork to be sent to NVC.

Once they receive your paperwork you will be assigned a case number and invoice ID number.

This is your next step: Begin NVC Processing.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 8:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anothercalamity
I've just received the I-797 notice of action, approval. It took 8 months from submitting the I-130.
My question is......what is next?
It says wait for up to 30 days for instructions on what to do next. I'm traveling the USCIS site and this one and can't find anything on what you do.
That's because USCIS' job is finished. The rest is handled by National Visa Center (NVC), US Department of State, and the US Embassy in London. You can look at their websites for further information.

Rene
Old Jan 19th 2018, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by StuBear65
I received mine on 12/16/17 and I am still waiting for my paperwork to be sent to NVC.

Once they receive your paperwork you will be assigned a case number and invoice ID number.
Thank you for this, just what I was looking for.

Have you received your paperwork yet?

Last edited by Noorah101; Jan 19th 2018 at 9:15 pm. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old Jan 20th 2018, 7:02 pm
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for this, just what I was looking for.

Have you received your paperwork yet?
My status changed today on the USCIS site to "Case was sent to the Department of State".

I will give it a few weeks before I start pestering NVC.

I am luckily in a position where I am not in a particular hurry as I cannot immigrate until October 2018, so I will just sit back and wait for it all to evolve.
Old Jan 20th 2018, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by StuBear65
My status changed today on the USCIS site to "Case was sent to the Department of State".

I will give it a few weeks before I start pestering NVC.

I am luckily in a position where I am not in a particular hurry as I cannot immigrate until October 2018, so I will just sit back and wait for it all to evolve.
I don't have a time frame either, it takes as long as it takes. But its just nice to have an idea of how long this next stage takes. You're just ahead of me so it's interesting to know. Thanks
Old Jan 20th 2018, 7:16 pm
Go Braves!

I don't have a time frame either, it takes as long as it takes. But its just nice to have an idea of how long this next stage takes. You're just ahead of me so it's interesting to know. Thanks
I will keep you updated with my progress.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

I telephoned NVC and they received my approval today, it was sent to them on the 17th. They said it will take 14 days to allocate my case number and then I can call back for that and get the prices moving.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 8:20 pm
Go Braves!

I telephoned NVC and they received my approval today, it was sent to them on the 17th. They said it will take 14 days to allocate my case number and then I can call back for that and get the prices moving.
Thanks for the update. I'll get my wife to call them early next week.