Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-765, Should I sumbit a copy of my I-485

I-765, Should I sumbit a copy of my I-485

Old Apr 17th 2006, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

trinikisses is an unknown quantity at this point
Question I-765, Should I sumbit a copy of my I-485

Hello, I'm filling AOS and I was just wondering if I need to submit a copy of my I-485 with my I-765 package as "Evidence of Eligibility "
Any hello wold be great.

Thank you
Old Apr 17th 2006, 4:49 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-765, Should I sumbit a copy of my I-485

Originally Posted by trinikisses
Hello, I'm filling AOS and I was just wondering if I need to submit a copy of my I-485 with my I-765 package as "Evidence of Eligibility "
Any hello wold be great.

Thank you
Over to you, Jenney...
Old Apr 17th 2006, 4:58 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Any hello wold be great.

Thank you
*Sigh*

What do the I-765 form instructions say?

~ Jenney
Old Apr 17th 2006, 5:01 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Any hello wold be great.

Thank you

Depends on when and what you are filing for:

1. The very first EAD for the time of the filing for AOS

2. A renewed EAD?

3. Filing for first EAD after having previously filed for AOS
Old Apr 17th 2006, 5:07 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Any hello wold be great.

Thank you
I did.

Rene
Old Apr 17th 2006, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

trinikisses is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
*Sigh*

What do the I-765 form instructions say?

~ Jenney
I’m sorry if my questions are making you “upset” but you have a choice “don’t bother replying” Forgive me, but since this is a forum I thought this was the place to ask my questions. My reasons for asking these questions may seem “ridiculous” to some of you but the reason why I’m asking is because I have doing my research ( yes Jennny, I did say research) and on some people cover letter they are submit copy of I-485 in their I-765 package and others have not. Forgive for asking these questions, but these are a very important forms (I think we all can agree on that) and I just wanted to double check everything before I mailed it out. So a little understanding would be nice. To those who have been externally helpful (especially Noorah, Rete and Folinskyinla) thank you for all your advice and information.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 2:27 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

I’m sorry if my questions are making you “upset” but you have a choice “don’t bother replying” Forgive me, but since this is a forum I thought this was the place to ask my questions. My reasons for asking these questions may seem “ridiculous” to some of you but the reason why I’m asking is because I have doing my research ( yes Jennny, I did say research) and on some people cover letter they are submit copy of I-485 in their I-765 package and others have not. Forgive for asking these questions, but these are a very important forms (I think we all can agree on that) and I just wanted to double check everything before I mailed it out. So a little understanding would be nice. To those who have been externally helpful (especially Noorah, Rete and Folinskyinla) thank you for all your advice and information.
You are putting words in my mouth. I am not upset. Nor did I say that your reasons for asking your questions are "ridiculous".

It just seems that you are posting a lot of questions where the answers are found in the form's instructions. By doing so you give the impression that you are not reading the instructions and/or not searching the forum for posts which already address your questions before you start an entire thread about it.

For instance, the answer to your question in this thread is on page 6 under the section "EAD Applicants Who Have Filed for Adjustment of Status", then the subsection "Family-Based Application -- (c)(9)". It says, "File your EAD application with a copy of the receipt notice other evidence that your Form I-485, application for permanent residence, is pending. You may file Form I-765 together with your Form I-485." This information is very clear and is in the instructions.

I hope your AOS and EAD applications go smoothly.

~ Jenney
Old Apr 18th 2006, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute

In general: Follow the form's instructions and don't worry about what some people at VJ might be doing. IMHO seeking too much consensus will hurt you, not help you.

P.S. You're right, this *is* a forum -- where anyone can say whatever they please -- so get a thicker skin already.