I-765/h1b

Old Jul 12th 2006, 3:32 am
Just Joined

rcj7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-765/h1b

Even with a number of posts on this issue (although often conflicting answers) I still have few questions. I have receipt NOA's on I-485 and I-130 through marriage. My H1B expires Jan 17, 2007 and I have no plans to change jobs. I am about to apply for the I-765 and am unsure on these questions on the form:

Question 11. Is it Yes or No if my only previous authorisation is a H1B?

Am I applying for "Permission to accept employment" or "Renewal of my permission to accept employment"? I guess this depends on the answer to question 11.

I can see that with the copy of the H1B and a letter claifying the situation it may not matter but I'd like know what the correct response actually is.

Finally, when do they commence the EAD - when my H1B expires or when the EAD is approved? How long does it last?

Thanks
Old Jul 12th 2006, 3:36 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-765/h1b

Originally Posted by rcj7
Question 11. Is it Yes or No if my only previous authorisation is a H1B?
My guess would be No.

Am I applying for "Permission to accept employment" or "Renewal of my permission to accept employment"? I guess this depends on the answer to question 11.
My guess would be Permission to accept employment.

Finally, when do they commence the EAD - when my H1B expires or when the EAD is approved? How long does it last?
When the EAD is approved, I believe. It's good for 1 year. If you need it longer, you'll need to apply for a renewal about 3 months before it expires, and you'll have to go for another 1-digit fingerprint/photo. The EAD takes about the full 90 days to receive.

Best Wishes,
Rene