Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 timeline and GC error

I-751 timeline and GC error

Old Apr 11th 2006, 2:30 am
Just Joined

Paul_12000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 timeline and GC error

Hello Everyone. Below pls find my timeline for I-751 approval. Paper work was sent to VSC.

- sent I-751 in the beginning of August 2005
- got NOA dated August 15, 2005
- Received removal of condition (without interview) on 03/10/06, Removal of condition notice is dated 03/01/06
- Made infopass appointment to 26 Federal Plaza in NYC on 03/13/06
- Received a permanent (10 years) GC on 04/05/06

I hope some of us will find this information helpful.

I thought my journey for the permanent GC was over, until I opened the envelope, and found out that “residence since” date is incorrect. It has my DOB instead of the actual admission as a resident date. Everything else is correct. Paper work which was sent to INS had all the info correct. Also, notice of removal of condition also had the correct admission date.

It evidently looks like a clerical error. Do you think I should be concern about re-entry?

I appreciate you opinions.

Thank you,

Paul
Old Apr 11th 2006, 2:47 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 timeline and GC error

Originally Posted by Paul_12000
I thought my journey for the permanent GC was over, until I opened the envelope, and found out that “residence since” date is incorrect. It has my DOB instead of the actual admission as a resident date. Everything else is correct. Paper work which was sent to INS had all the info correct. Also, notice of removal of condition also had the correct admission date.
Wow, you were a resident YOUR WHOLE LIFE and you didn't even know it!

Ok, in all seriousness, I'm not sure what the right answer would be. My guess is that it was an honest mistake but whether it's imperative to get it corrected, I don't know. I would think having the correct expiration date on the card would be more important than the "residence since" part. But, that's just me.

Hopefully some others will have some more opinions to offer.

Congrats, btw. And yes, your timeline is helpful; Mark and I are on the verge of sending in our joint I-751 to VSC very soon, so it's good to get some idea of how long this thing might take.

~ Jenney
Old Apr 11th 2006, 3:37 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 timeline and GC error

Originally Posted by Paul_12000
I thought my journey for the permanent GC was over, until I opened the envelope, and found out that “residence since” date is incorrect. It has my DOB instead of the actual admission as a resident date.
Was there not a letter with it saying ..check all the details carefully and phone a number if there is any errors...