Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 interview question (schedule date and reschedule if necessary)

I-751 interview question (schedule date and reschedule if necessary)

Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

kenobi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 interview question (schedule date and reschedule if necessary)

Hi,

Does anybody know when the I-751 will be scheduled after receiving the interview invitation letter from the local district (I think they use a standard letter like the one when they extended the GC after submission of I-751? (after 2 weeks, 1 month...or more?)
This is for CSC and my wife will be out of country and she will be back in more than 1 month from now and I'm worried in case they will invite us for the interview and we will not be able to go there together. What should I do? Should I reschedule it with them? How long will take to wait in case of a reschedule?

Thanks in advance!!!
Kenobi
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:51 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 interview question (schedule date and reschedule if necessary)

Originally Posted by kenobi
Hi,

Does anybody know when the I-751 will be scheduled after receiving the interview invitation letter from the local district (I think they use a standard letter like the one when they extended the GC after submission of I-751? (after 2 weeks, 1 month...or more?)
This is for CSC and my wife will be out of country and she will be back in more than 1 month from now and I'm worried in case they will invite us for the interview and we will not be able to go there together. What should I do? Should I reschedule it with them? How long will take to wait in case of a reschedule?

Thanks in advance!!!
Kenobi
Hi Kenobi,

Did you actually get an interview letter? If not, don't worry about it. They sometimes do random interviews, or set up an interview if they are really doubtful about your evidence. I-751 interviews are not the norm.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 interview question (schedule date and reschedule if necessary)

Hi,

Thanks in advance!!!
Kenobi

Not much you can do about it now is there? Your wife is going away, whether for pleasure or business, and will be gone a month. It is unlikely that you will be called quickly for an I-751 interview. I've known people who have waited over a year for the appointment letter.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Not much you can do about it now is there? Your wife is going away, whether for pleasure or business, and will be gone a month. It is unlikely that you will be called quickly for an I-751 interview. I've known people who have waited over a year for the appointment letter.
I checked the USCIS waiting times for I-751 and now they are working on October 11, 2005. Mine is at the end of October when CSC received it. If CSC will send the application to the local district to schedule an interview, from CSC prospective my application will be adjudecated?
And how much time do i have to wait between the date of the interview letter and the interview. Ussually they use a standard period of time -1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month...or more???

Thanks again!
Kenobi
Old Apr 24th 2006, 5:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I checked the USCIS waiting times for I-751 and now they are working on October 11, 2005. Mine is at the end of October when CSC received it. If CSC will send the application to the local district to schedule an interview, from CSC prospective my application will be adjudecated?
And how much time do i have to wait between the date of the interview letter and the interview. Ussually they use a standard period of time -1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month...or more???

Thanks again!
Kenobi

Have you or have you not been advised that your petition has been forwarded to the district office for final adjudication? If not, then what the heck are you worrying about. From the time of that notification until the time you receive an interview letter can be one month or one or more years down the line. How long before the interview do they send the letter to you? If I knew the answer to that, I would be winning the mega lottery instead of typing this reply. There is no standard period of time when dealing with the USCIS.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Have you or have you not been advised that your petition has been forwarded to the district office for final adjudication? If not, then what the heck are you worrying about. From the time of that notification until the time you receive an interview letter can be one month or one or more years down the line. How long before the interview do they send the letter to you? If I knew the answer to that, I would be winning the mega lottery instead of typing this reply. There is no standard period of time when dealing with the USCIS.
)
No, I have not received such letter. Thanks for your response to my dummy questions, but from my point of view when dealing with immigration always should be worry!!!

Thanks again!
Kenobi