I-751 & FBI

Old Aug 20th 2005, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

needhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant future
Unhappy I-751 & FBI

My US citizen wife’s ex-boyfriend “reported� to FBI that my wife married me for immigration benefit. This occurred after we had our successful AOS interview. Now it is time to file I-751. FBI officer interviewed my wife alone during my absence. There was very few questions about the “marriage�. Basically officer was asking her lot of questions about her past and history. My wife did serve for US army. He asked about that too. He asked my wife to give him my cell phone number. She did. But officer never called me. After that we did not hear anything from FBI. Like I said, this happened a year before. Now it is time to file I-751. I am wondering, if we would be called for an interview based on that report. It is our understating that FBI is convinced with my wife’s answer and they simply closed the “case�. Or would we be worried because my wife had FBI interview and now it is time to file I-751?
Please advice!
Old Aug 20th 2005, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

CAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant future
Default Re: I-751 & FBI

Originally Posted by needhelp
My US citizen wife’s ex-boyfriend “reported� to FBI that my wife married me for immigration benefit. This occurred after we had our successful AOS interview. Now it is time to file I-751. FBI officer interviewed my wife alone during my absence. There was very few questions about the “marriage�. Basically officer was asking her lot of questions about her past and history. My wife did serve for US army. He asked about that too. He asked my wife to give him my cell phone number. She did. But officer never called me. After that we did not hear anything from FBI. Like I said, this happened a year before. Now it is time to file I-751. I am wondering, if we would be called for an interview based on that report. It is our understating that FBI is convinced with my wife’s answer and they simply closed the “case�. Or would we be worried because my wife had FBI interview and now it is time to file I-751?
Please advice!

Don't you think that if something had turned up, you would have known by now? Why would you be worried, if all is true and you are married for the right reasons, why worrying? You only worry when you know you are hiding something IMHO.

I think that they tracked your cellphone....but hey, again if you have nothing to hide..who cares?
Old Aug 20th 2005, 8:20 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Please advice!
Hi:

It is your choice to worry or not to worry. You may want to talk to a therapist about that.

If you want to have an "insurance policy", you may want to have any attorney represent you on the I-751 in case something happens.
Old Aug 20th 2005, 8:24 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Please advice!
Is your marriage legitimate? If so, then don't worry needlessly. File the I-751 and include as much documentary evidence as you have to prove the legitimacy of your marriage. If you are called for an interview, you go. You bring your evidence and you answer the questions put to you honestly.

As for the FBI investigation it would appear on the surface that your wife's actions were cleared as you have not heard from the CIS in regards to your supposedly fraudulent marriage as reported by the exboyfriend. If they had doubts they would have passed the information on to the CIS and you would have been investigated by them.

Just do what needs to be done about your conditions.
Old Aug 20th 2005, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

needhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rete
Is your marriage legitimate? If so, then don't worry needlessly. File the I-751 and include as much documentary evidence as you have to prove the legitimacy of your marriage. If you are called for an interview, you go. You bring your evidence and you answer the questions put to you honestly.

As for the FBI investigation it would appear on the surface that your wife's actions were cleared as you have not heard from the CIS in regards to your supposedly fraudulent marriage as reported by the exboyfriend. If they had doubts they would have passed the information on to the CIS and you would have been investigated by them.

Just do what needs to be done about your conditions.
Thank you for the reply. Yes the marriage is legitimate. I know I could prove this if they call us for interview. But I can not spend money on immigration lawyer. I did AOS withuot lawyer and I dont want to hire lawyer for I-751.
I understand that if CIS suspected anything wrong, they would have contacted me by now. But I was wondering if CIS is waiting until I file I-751 then come up with their questions. Either way, I will be o.k because there is nothing to hide. Just thought I could share my experiance with you guys. Your views on this will be great help too.