Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 Delays in Processing

I-751 Delays in Processing

Old Sep 8th 2004, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Kate3721 is just really niceKate3721 is just really niceKate3721 is just really niceKate3721 is just really niceKate3721 is just really niceKate3721 is just really niceKate3721 is just really niceKate3721 is just really nice
Question I-751 Delays in Processing

I filed for I-751 on February 7 2003. I still have not heard anything about my interview for my case. I am originally from the UK.

My biggest concern with immigration is the lack of help I receive from calling the 800 Immigration number.

I have now called twice to be told that they will call me within 30 days about my case as it is overdue. I did not hear within 30 days on both occassion and called back to notify them of this. On my last inquiry they told me if I didn't hear back within 30 days I should call back and they will take further action...

I called this morning to be told to wait another 30 days and to call back if I don't hear from them. I told them that this is what I was told last time and he said he would make a note that this was my third inquiry (last time they said they made a note that it was my 2nd inquiry).

I seem to be in a loop that I don't know how to get out of. I know they are supposedly working on May 2003 cases, so mine is well overdue.

Has anyone else been having this experience at all or have any suggestions of anything else I can do?

Its quite crazy really - I have now been married 4 years and still have not had my conditions taken off my residency!

Thanks for any help!

Kathryn
Old Sep 8th 2004, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: I-751 Delays in Processing

Originally Posted by Kate3721
Has anyone else been having this experience at all or have any suggestions of anything else I can do?

Its quite crazy really - I have now been married 4 years and still have not had my conditions taken off my residency!

Thanks for any help!

Kathryn
I would probably cease and desist calling the helpless line, first of all. Two options that occur to me are taking a trip to the local office to see if they can investigate with the service center for you or asking your congressional representative for assistance. If I had the time and resources to do so, I would try the local office before I contacted my rep. That way, I could document that I had done everything possible on my own before asking for congressional intervention.
Another thought, if you were going to anyway, is to apply for naturalization as soon as you are eligible. That forces their hand (usually) to adjudicate the removal petition.
Wising you luck and hoping we don't get stuck in the same limbo.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

AGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the rough
Arrow Re: I-751 Delays in Processing

Why don't you apply for for N-400? You must be eligible by now under the marriage to US citizen for 3 years rule. The only thing you could is just wait, if you want you could contact your local representative and ask them to put an inquiry but if I were you I would file for naturalization.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

Kate3721 is just really niceKate3721 is just really niceKate3721 is just really niceKate3721 is just really niceKate3721 is just really niceKate3721 is just really niceKate3721 is just really niceKate3721 is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: I-751 Delays in Processing

Originally Posted by AGUILA
Why don't you apply for for N-400? You must be eligible by now under the marriage to US citizen for 3 years rule. The only thing you could is just wait, if you want you could contact your local representative and ask them to put an inquiry but if I were you I would file for naturalization.
I was planning on starting the N-400 process soon. I think their ineptness may force me to do it ASAP to get things rolling again.

I hate being in this limbo land waiting around for them to do their job!

Thanks for your advice today.

Kathryn
Old Sep 8th 2004, 4:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Delays in Processing

The 1-800 number is an exercise in futility and is manned by contract personnel with no training and apparently without resource to do more than read from a script.

If you don't wish to become a US Citizen, the filing of the N-400 will prompt them to dig out your I-751, then contact your political representative and have them check into the status of your I-751.

Rete

Originally Posted by Kate3721
I filed for I-751 on February 7 2003. I still have not heard anything about my interview for my case. I am originally from the UK.

My biggest concern with immigration is the lack of help I receive from calling the 800 Immigration number.

I have now called twice to be told that they will call me within 30 days about my case as it is overdue. I did not hear within 30 days on both occassion and called back to notify them of this. On my last inquiry they told me if I didn't hear back within 30 days I should call back and they will take further action...

I called this morning to be told to wait another 30 days and to call back if I don't hear from them. I told them that this is what I was told last time and he said he would make a note that this was my third inquiry (last time they said they made a note that it was my 2nd inquiry).

I seem to be in a loop that I don't know how to get out of. I know they are supposedly working on May 2003 cases, so mine is well overdue.

Thanks for any help!

Kathryn