Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 Conditional Resident Card Need Help And Advise!

I-751 Conditional Resident Card Need Help And Advise!

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

george34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 Conditional Resident Card Need Help And Advise!

Hello people,

I have a very tough situation. I have filed 1-751 on september 2006, but my divorce case was not finalized at the time of the application. So I just got a letter from INS stating that I am denied b/c of the fact that the marriage was not finalized at the time of petition. they say that I am removable from US as of today.

I have found out today that the marriage will be finalize within 2 weeks.

questions:

1) Can I re-file I-751 again???

2) what are my options regarding this case?

I went to INS and tried to explain what is going on......! but seemed they did not even know what to say about the case...! I am very confused.....!

PLEASE HELP..!

Last edited by george34; Jan 23rd 2007 at 1:17 am.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 12:56 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Conditional Resident Card Need Help And Advise!

Originally Posted by george34
1) Can I re-file I-751 again?
Yes, of course you can.

2) what are my options regarding this case?
You can try to beat them over the head with your logic... but it's easier just to refile.

I went to INS and tried to explain what is going on......! but seemed they did not even know what to say about the case...! I am very confused.....!
It is not USCIS' job to help you *sort out* your immigration issues... that's what lawyers are for. USCIS processes the application forms you submit... which they did - whether it works in your favor or not. The point is... you screwed up. You should *not* have submitted your I-751 until your divorce was final. The instructions clearly state that you can delay filing for circumstances that are beyond your control... and the date a divorce is finalized fits into that category!

PLEASE HELP..! You can e mail me at ...
You're probably upset and not thinking straight, but you should *never* post your unencrypted email address in an open, public internet forum. Unfortunately, it's too late now... as it's done and it's out there, and you can't take it back!

Ian