I-751 approved

Old Jun 13th 2006, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

I751greencard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 approved

My I-751 is approved (from VSC) and the letter asks to me visit the local INS office along with three passport size photos to apply for the new green card.

But I already sent photos along with I-751 application and I was under the impression that we longer need to apply for new green card in the local INS office, instead they will directly send the green card it I-751 is approved. Is that NOT right or is it different for different Service Centers?

Any one recently got the approval from VSC?

Thanks!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

sdmansour will become famous soon enoughsdmansour will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I-751 approved

Originally Posted by I751greencard
My I-751 is approved (from VSC) and the letter asks to me visit the local INS office along with three passport size photos to apply for the new green card.

But I already sent photos along with I-751 application and I was under the impression that we longer need to apply for new green card in the local INS office, instead they will directly send the green card it I-751 is approved. Is that NOT right or is it different for different Service Centers?

Thanks!
When did you send in your I-751 paperwork?
Old Jun 14th 2006, 1:04 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on the service center and IF you recieved an RFE to return the original green card. If you did not, then you have to make the Infopass appointment to complete the I-89 and to return the old green card. IMO, that is the reason for the office visit, to return the card.

Rete

Thanks!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 2:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sdmansour
When did you send in your I-751 paperwork?
I sent my paper work on 12/27/05
Got 1 yr extension on 1/3/06
Approval on 6/1/06
Old Jun 14th 2006, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

maris is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks!
Hi! I also sent my photos with my I-751 application (CSC). My application was approved and went for my infopass appointment yesterday. Yes, they asked me to bring 3 photos again. It went pretty smooth, they will be mailing my greencard soon. He also stamped I-551 on my passport.

Don't forget to bring your passport, infopass appointment letter, approval letter, and photos.

Sent my application March 2006 and it was approved last week. I'm so happy
Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by maris
Hi! I also sent my photos with my I-751 application (CSC). My application was approved and went for my infopass appointment yesterday. Yes, they asked me to bring 3 photos again. It went pretty smooth, they will be mailing my greencard soon. He also stamped I-551 on my passport.

Don't forget to bring your passport, infopass appointment letter, approval letter, and photos.

Sent my application March 2006 and it was approved last week. I'm so happy

Did they take your expired green card or can you keep it?
Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

maris is an unknown quantity at this point

they will take your old greencard.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

AlmostThere1 is a name known to allAlmostThere1 is a name known to allAlmostThere1 is a name known to allAlmostThere1 is a name known to allAlmostThere1 is a name known to allAlmostThere1 is a name known to allAlmostThere1 is a name known to allAlmostThere1 is a name known to allAlmostThere1 is a name known to allAlmostThere1 is a name known to allAlmostThere1 is a name known to all

Thanks!
I had the same experience, I did send three photos with the package. However the VSC approval did say to go my local office(boston) and submit the three photos there. I did that about a week ago, now I am waiting for my new 10 year GC.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm guess I write invisible posts LOL ... watch out I will haunt you .... BOOOOO !!!!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

eiloo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AlmostThere1
I had the same experience, I did send three photos with the package. However the VSC approval did say to go my local office(boston) and submit the three photos there. I did that about a week ago, now I am waiting for my new 10 year GC.
I just posted my full timeline...

I went to provide 3 photos about 2 weeks ago... I guess for me... I was just lucky not to get an RFE since I forgot to put the 3 photos in the I-751 package.

Good Luck to all...
Old Jun 15th 2006, 5:44 pm

I believe they collect photos with the application package for the
actual application file, not for the green card.

eiloo wrote:
    > > I had the same experience, I did send three photos with the package.
    > > However the VSC approval did say to go my local office(boston) and
    > > submit the three photos there. I did that about a week ago, now I am
    > > waiting for my new 10 year GC.
    > I just posted my full timeline...
    > I went to provide 3 photos about 2 weeks ago... I guess for me... I was
    > just lucky not to get an RFE since I forgot to put the 3 photos in the
    > I-751 package.
    >
    > Good Luck to all...
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

curiousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud of

I751greencard,
Congratulations!!! It's like I-751 approval season going on