Wikiposts

I-751 (2007 Only)

Old Dec 13th 2007, 4:43 am
Just Joined

TheOrange is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-751 (2007 Only)

Originally Posted by winterpassing
I've wondered about that too. My I-751 was sent out on February 6th '07 and have a receipt date of February 12th. I haven't heard anything since my biometrics in March. It's frustrating to still be waiting after 10 months, but what else can you do?

I hope you get your approval notice soon!
My receipt date is May 24, 2007 and I did the biometrics in August and received a RFE in October and we returned the additional evidence on Nov 6. Now we are waiting to hear something. I contacted my congressman (I recommend you guys do the same) and they contacted USCIS. USCIS said they got my addtl evidence and they are waiting for an available date at my district office to administer an interview! I don't know why since we sent lots of stuff. Anyway, I contacted the USCIS customer number and they transfered my call to an Immigration officer and they (called several times) advised me that my file is still at Vermont and has not been transfered and it seems to be fine and so on. I asked them if they see any action taken to transfer it to the district office and they said no, nothing. I don't know what's going on. We're just waiting. I will keep you guys posted though. I appreciate any thoughts or feedback. Thanks.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 9:21 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheOrange
My receipt date is May 24, 2007 and I did the biometrics in August and received a RFE in October and we returned the additional evidence on Nov 6. Now we are waiting to hear something. I contacted my congressman (I recommend you guys do the same) and they contacted USCIS. USCIS said they got my addtl evidence and they are waiting for an available date at my district office to administer an interview! I don't know why since we sent lots of stuff. Anyway, I contacted the USCIS customer number and they transfered my call to an Immigration officer and they (called several times) advised me that my file is still at Vermont and has not been transfered and it seems to be fine and so on. I asked them if they see any action taken to transfer it to the district office and they said no, nothing. I don't know what's going on. We're just waiting. I will keep you guys posted though. I appreciate any thoughts or feedback. Thanks.
I personally cannot speak highly enough of congress, I used them on the advice of a BE member and they moved my file etc and did everything efficiently and swiftly I was amazed, if it was not for them I would still be in the same situation, I actually took a large box of Chocolates over to my congressman's office on Tuesday this week to say Thank you pleased I did not take the advice of a lawyer that I had a meeting with who told me that I would get nowhere with congress they did not have any pull.. lmao.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

raquel_wallace is an unknown quantity at this point

HI, JUST FILED MY I-751 JOINTLY AT NSC
SENT NOV 1'ST
RECEIVED NOV 5'TH
CHECK CASHED NOV 12'TH AND TRANSFERRED TO CSE
RECEIVED RECEIPT NOTICE, AND EXTENSION FOR 12 MONTHS ON NOV 17'TH
RECEIVED BIOMETRICS APPT DEC 1'ST
BIOMETRICS COMPLETED ON DEC 12'TH
NOW I AM JUST PLAYING THE WAITING GAME.
ONE THING THAT CONCERNS ME THOUGH IS MY ORIGINAL RECEIPT # ON MY RECEIPT NOTICE SEEMS TO BE INVALID? IS THIS A PROBLEM, I HAVE A DIFFERENT RECEIPT # ON MY BIOMETRICS APPT NOTICE, THIS ONE SEEMS TO GIVE ME SOME INFO ONLINE. . . . SHOULD I BE WORRIED? I WENT THROUGH AND HAD A LOOK AT SOME OF MY OTHER PAPERS I HAVE FILED IN PREVIOUS YEARS AND THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE?
Old Dec 15th 2007, 2:44 pm
Dreamer

OlenkaKyiv will become famous soon enough

Yes, Congress people can be nice. But, frankly speaking, after battles with immigration services about my fiancee visa, then travel document, then green card and along with bothering congress people, I decided to give a break myself and others. I am not much in worry about permanent GC as the time of N-400 filing is very close. What makes me mad is lack of luck and unfairness, somebody transferred to CA with dates later then mine. On the other hand, all life is unfair. :-) let's be patient.

Olenka
Old Dec 15th 2007, 2:50 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raquel_wallace
HI, JUST FILED MY I-751 JOINTLY AT NSC
Why are you SHOUTING?

Ian
Old Dec 15th 2007, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

Sorry, I always seem to type with the caps on..
Old Dec 15th 2007, 3:26 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OlenkaKyiv
Yes, Congress people can be nice. But, frankly speaking, after battles with immigration services about my fiancee visa, then travel document, then green card and along with bothering congress people, I decided to give a break myself and others. I am not much in worry about permanent GC as the time of N-400 filing is very close. What makes me mad is lack of luck and unfairness, somebody transferred to CA with dates later then mine. On the other hand, all life is unfair. :-) let's be patient.

Olenka
Well if it makes you feel any better it took me from the time of filing my I-751 14 months before approval.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 4:40 pm
Dreamer

OlenkaKyiv will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Well if it makes you feel any better it took me from the time of filing my I-751 14 months before approval.
Yeah, it will make me feel better, because maybe then I do not have to spend time for I-551 to visit home next summer
Old Dec 19th 2007, 5:13 am
Just Joined

Location: Sanford, North Carolina- in the process of moving to Tokoyo Japan
karen23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kbf @ Lycomonline . Com
The purpose of this thread is to hear from people who got approved or
have submitted there cases(I-751) in 2007. I am sure it will help some
folks including me.

--
My process so far......

Sent I-751 to TSC (filed jointly) 12th Oct 2007
Received at TSC 15th Oct 2007
Form and check returned (sent old fee and out-dated version of the form)
13th Nov 2007-
Re-sent I-751 to CSC (cover letter asked me to send it to this office)
15th Nov 2007
Received at CSC 16th Nov 2007
Received I-797, NOA extension for 1 yr 20th Nov 2007

My problem now is that when I try my receipt no. it is not recognized. We are also moving to Japan 22nd January, as my husband has been stationed to Yakota AFB.
I really wanted to try and get my biometrics appointment before we move and I am really worried that when I change my address, they will not update their system. I will have a PO BOX address until we get accommodation on base.
How will this effect my status as a permanent residence? We have orders for 4 years and will return to the USA after this assignmnet and I do not want to lose my GC and go through all of this again.
Will I be able to apply for citizenship as I will not have been stateside for the required period however I will be living on an American Airforce base.

I called USCIS on Monday and spoke to an officer who told me to be patient!She was able to access my case by entering all my info into her computer. She said they could postpone my apllication - what for four years!!! and my GC and NOA will be out of date. She told me to make an infopass and I tried this and there are non available in my area.

I don't know what to do for the best. I am going crazy checking my receipt no. and the mailbox. I sent a cover letter written by USAF passport/visa department explaining that we were going overseas and if possible could they expedite.

Any advice would be fantastic

thanks
Old Dec 19th 2007, 5:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by karen23
My process so far......

Sent I-751 to TSC (filed jointly) 12th Oct 2007
Received at TSC 15th Oct 2007
Form and check returned (sent old fee and out-dated version of the form)
13th Nov 2007-
Re-sent I-751 to CSC (cover letter asked me to send it to this office)
15th Nov 2007
Received at CSC 16th Nov 2007
Received I-797, NOA extension for 1 yr 20th Nov 2007

My problem now is that when I try my receipt no. it is not recognized. We are also moving to Japan 22nd January, as my husband has been stationed to Yakota AFB.
I really wanted to try and get my biometrics appointment before we move and I am really worried that when I change my address, they will not update their system. I will have a PO BOX address until we get accommodation on base.
How will this effect my status as a permanent residence? We have orders for 4 years and will return to the USA after this assignmnet and I do not want to lose my GC and go through all of this again.
Will I be able to apply for citizenship as I will not have been stateside for the required period however I will be living on an American Airforce base.

I called USCIS on Monday and spoke to an officer who told me to be patient!She was able to access my case by entering all my info into her computer. She said they could postpone my apllication - what for four years!!! and my GC and NOA will be out of date. She told me to make an infopass and I tried this and there are non available in my area.

I don't know what to do for the best. I am going crazy checking my receipt no. and the mailbox. I sent a cover letter written by USAF passport/visa department explaining that we were going overseas and if possible could they expedite.

Any advice would be fantastic

thanks
I have the same problem with my receipt #, and when I called to find out what the go was, they could pull up all of my information so I wouldn't be to concerned about that. My guess is you will probably get your biometrics appt notice anytime soon. When I got my appt notice for my biometrics the receipt # on there was different to my initial receipt #...And this one works online and with the automated system..As for moving, just keep your fingers crossed that it all goes through in the next few months before yo move...When do you move?
Old Dec 19th 2007, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

Vince P is an unknown quantity at this point

Karen, There are others here more qualified, but I believe you can be bio'd in Japan as you are accompanying your husband on orders. My appt letter states this (I think).
Vince

Ok not in the letter but on the website. I had the same issue. Live in DC work in Saudi and when the appointment letter arrived I tried to go to the US Embassy in Riyadh, where I have some contacts, and they told me that if I was in Saudi on orders or with my spouse on orders then they could do it. I had to fly back to Va for the appointment that took only 12 minutes. That 12 minutes cost me $5500 - such is life.

I am traveling at the moment but I am sure it is on the website - I specifically read it somewhere. I do not proclaim to be an expert (or amateur) on this stuff, but I am sure I read it.

I-751 Page 2:
QUOTE: Two completed fingerprint cards (Form FD-258) for applicants and dependents between the ages of 14 and 79. You must indicate your Alien Registration Number (A#) on the fingerprint card and ensure that the completed cards are not bent, folded, or creased. The fingerprint cards must be prepared by a U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate, USCIS Office, or U.S. Military Installation.

In order for USCIS to identify filings based on military orgovernment orders, applicants are required to indicate on topof Form I-751, "ACTIVE MILITARY orGOVERNMENT ORDERS", and submit a copy of theircurrent military or government orders. END QUOTE

The MPs on base can fingerprint and have this card, or at least they did when my wife needed her prints for an FBI check when she applied for Australian residency.

Last edited by Vince P; Dec 19th 2007 at 6:05 am.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Cherr1980 is on a distinguished road

If your husband gets on orders for over a year...I think you can even apply for Citizenship right away (so no worries about your green card)...check the Citizenship facts and actually JAG should help you with it.

Good luck!
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

nguyenvoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is my timeline, I dont remember the exact dates but they are pretty close.

sent in i-751 feb 2007 going through NSC
reciept notice on 2/23/2007
Biometrics done on 4/5/2007
its now January 2008 and still waiting

I live in Ohio if that matters at all. Checked on the uscis website and see that they are processing up to 2/09/2007 for I-751 at NSC. My wife's temporary greencard expires on 5/10/2007, so I know I sent the I-751 in after that date but before the 23rd. Just curious but what date should I be looking at when comparing with the date at the uscis website?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:39 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nguyenvoo
My wife's temporary greencard expires on 5/10/2007...
By the middle of February, she's probably eligible to file for citizenship. Filing the N-400 will force adjudication of the I-751.

Ian
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:49 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

My receipt is for May 08. All the bios are done but still waiting.

Looking at the processing times, the TSC is up to April 08 apps but it's been that way for a while now.

It will be a miracle if I get this card without any issues. The whole thing has been a stressful experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.