I-485

Old Jul 6th 2006, 1:30 am

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: question on I-485 immigration papers

Originally Posted by Rete
Curious why you think that, PP.

After all if he is filing concurrently, he does NOT have an approved I-130 so that box does not apply to him. In that instance, I would think that the "other" box would be more appropriate.
If he files i485 at the same time then he should check the box
"an immigrant petition giving me an
immediately available immigrant visa number has been approved. (Attach
a copy of the approval notice, or a relative, special immigrant
juvenile or special immigrant military visa petition filed with this
application that will give you an immediately available visa number, if
approved.)"

The important bit is "or a relative" in the above line. You have to read the wording carefully. You can attach a relative visa petition application that would give you an immediate available visa number if approved. It doesn't need to be approved. Perhaps it would have been clearer had it been worded:
an immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number has been approved. (Attach a copy of the approval notice).
Or a relative, special immigrant juvenile or special immigrant military visa petition filed with this application that will give you an immediately available visa number, if approved, is attached.

Taken from the notes on ocmpleting the i485
Evidence of eligibility.
Attach a copy of the approval notice for an immigrant
petition that makes a visa number immediately available
to you, or submit a complete relative, special immigrant
juvenile, or special immigrant military petition which, if
approved, will make a visa number immediately
available to you.
Old Jul 6th 2006, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

mune is an unknown quantity at this point

This forum is becoming less of the solution and more of the problem for people filling immigration papers. Folinskyinla said clearly, check the box "A," someone else, after giving a bad advice, keeps arguing that the advice was correct, provided we make all kinds of assumptions. The whole thing leads to the conclusion that this is really complicated, hence, someone recommends getting an attorney….
Old Jul 6th 2006, 1:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mune
This forum is becoming less of the solution and more of the problem for people filling immigration papers. Folinskyinla said clearly, check the box "A," someone else, after giving a bad advice, keeps arguing that the advice was correct, provided we make all kinds of assumptions. The whole thing leads to the conclusion that this is really complicated, hence, someone recommends getting an attorney….

What bad advice? I disagree with Mr. Folinskyinla on this. There is no approved I-130 ... it is not a make or break check mark regardless of what you might think.

This person needs an attorney. He is an ________. Check out his other posts. He continues to piggyback posts on the back of very old posts that have nothing whatsoever to do with his topic. This leads me to concur that he doesn't know how to start a post. He does not know what visa is wife is here on. He does not know that USC do not need a visa to live in the US. If anyone in the world needed an immigration attorney, it is this person.
Old Jul 6th 2006, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

pianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rete
What bad advice? I disagree with Mr. Folinskyinla on this. There is no approved I-130 ... it is not a make or break check mark regardless of what you might think.

This person needs an attorney. He is an ________. Check out his other posts. He continues to piggyback posts on the back of very old posts that have nothing whatsoever to do with his topic. This leads me to concur that he doesn't know how to start a post. He does not know what visa is wife is here on. He does not know that USC do not need a visa to live in the US. If anyone in the world needed an immigration attorney, it is this person.
Rete,

I agree, the OP should probably see an attorney since he does seem confused. However, I believe Mr Folinskyinla is correct about the check box. The wording is somewhat confusing, because the main sentence reads that you need an approved petition. But if you read what is in brackets, you see that this box also includes "a relative petition, which IF APPROVED, would make an immigrant visa immediately available". If approved, therefore it has not yet been approved.

We filed this way without any problem and the officer at our interview did look through all our forms, since it was filed through DORA where the interview is upfront.

This discussion does highlight the fact that perhaps the forms are not as 100% clear as everyone thinks...or perhaps we are just overthinking it. Anyways, sorry Rete, I did not mean to keep going on about this check box issue, just wanted to let you know what my reasoning was.
Old Jul 6th 2006, 5:10 pm
veternDawg

Rete

I don't know what makes you so stupid, but it really works. And some
day you will find yourself - and wish you hadn't.

To answer your question I am a citizen, IDIOT!!!!!(lol). I'm a truely
sorry that you can not understand how to read, but with time and
perseverance you'll get there buddy, I believe in you.

Texas_Dave

I just had one question about a form.

I will see an immigration officer(since its free) to double check the
forms I need to fill out. I already have 3 friends who filled out the
forms and had no problems, so they are guiding me in the right
direction.

I chose not to go to an attorney because they take advantage of you and
try to get as much money as possible. They're rats. I called on
attorney and he charged $3,000, JUST FOR HIS BUISNESS, plus I had to
pay for all the forms and fees. So the total came out to be around
$5,500. I told him to kiss my ass. Don't know why he hung up so fast,
but he did. LOL. Another lawyer charged me 3,000 for everything. A
third one charge $4700. So I went to a lawyer where the first
consultation was free. I got all the info I could get out of him and
decided to do it by myself along with my friends.

I just had one question about the choices on the form I-485. I'm not
on here to ask a billion questions and I know that I will not complete
my forms by solely posting questions on here.

Appreciate your concern.

thanks

Old Jul 6th 2006, 5:32 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=pianoplayer]I believe Mr Folinskyinla is correct about the check box.QUOTE]

I concur. He clearly does have a petition, which if approved, will mean the immediate availabilty of a immigrant Visa number. The wording is somewhat confusing if you don't examine it closely. However it is explained fully in the guidance notes at the beginning of the form.

I visited an immigration official, who examined my forms before I submitted them. As we were submitting i130 along with i485, we checked that box.
Old Jul 6th 2006, 8:22 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by veternDawg
Rete

I don't know what makes you so stupid, but it really works. And some
day you will find yourself - and wish you hadn't.

To answer your question I am a citizen, IDIOT!!!!!(lol). I'm a truely
sorry that you can not understand how to read, but with time and
perseverance you'll get there buddy, I believe in you.
No, dear, you are the IDIOT. You don't know how to post on your own. You don't know how to write coherently. You don't know what visa your wife is on. You think that a US Citizen needs a visa to live in the US. You are the IDIOT for thinking you have the smarts to do this yourself after reading your story. You claim to have paid $10,700 to attorneys to work for you and then are ignoring them and doing it yourself. Yes, you wrote "they charged me" instead of they WILL charge me.

Good luck to you and your friends in getting your wife through the CIS maze. It will surprise me if you never wrote back here again but then I don't think you will surprise me.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 2:19 am
veternDawg

LOL, this is to much fun.

Last edited by meauxna; Jul 7th 2006 at 2:49 am. Reason: overly objectionable material deleted from this website

Old Jul 7th 2006, 3:27 pm
csf
BE Enthusiast

csf will become famous soon enough

I don't understand what the confusion is here. There is sometimes too much discussion that clouds the obvious answer. Go ahead and check A. That is what we are doing. The text reads:

"an immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number has been approved. (Attach a copy of the approval notice, or a relative, special immigrant juvenile or special immigrant military visa petition filed with this application that will give you an immediately available visa number, if approved.)"

This clearly states that if you are filing concurrently with the I-130 then 'a' is the correct box to tick. The following "...filed with this application that WILL give you an immediately available visa number, if approved.)" gives the green light.