Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-134 Supporting Documentation Question

I-134 Supporting Documentation Question

Old Aug 18th 2004, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

cew602 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-134 Supporting Documentation Question

I am trying to get my paperwork together for the I-134 to send to my fiance for his interview at the embassy. One of my banks informed me today, they would not be able to provide the deposit information for the last year - just the date the account was opened and the present balance. Is the embassy going to deny the fiance visa because of this? I am planning on attaching copies of my statements to give them more history of the accounts.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 9:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-134 Supporting Documentation Question

Originally Posted by cew602
I am trying to get my paperwork together for the I-134 to send to my fiance for his interview at the embassy. One of my banks informed me today, they would not be able to provide the deposit information for the last year - just the date the account was opened and the present balance. Is the embassy going to deny the fiance visa because of this? I am planning on attaching copies of my statements to give them more history of the accounts.
Hi,

My bank letter only stated the dates my accounts were opened, the present balance, and that I'm a long-standing customer. It did not specifically state any deposit information. I included one year's worth of bank statements along with the I-134, and it was acceptable to the consulate in Ankara, Turkey.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 18th 2004, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi,

My bank letter only stated the dates my accounts were opened, the present balance, and that I'm a long-standing customer. It did not specifically state any deposit information. I included one year's worth of bank statements along with the I-134, and it was acceptable to the consulate in Ankara, Turkey.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Bank statements are definitely good...and even though it's tedious, you could even go through and tally up your deposits for the last year yourself, list them on the front page (page before the bank statements), and include a final sum at the bottom. This way they could at least have a summary page to look at without requiring them to tally it up.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 9:44 pm
Wolfie

This exactly what my bank said when we went through this step....we just
attached (copies) of the last 12 months statement to the bank letter and it
was accepted without any problem.

Good luck.
"cew602" <member26879@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > I am trying to get my paperwork together for the I-134 to send to my
    > fiance for his interview at the embassy. One of my banks informed me
    > today, they would not be able to provide the deposit information for the
    > last year - just the date the account was opened and the present
    > balance. Is the embassy going to deny the fiance visa because of this?
    > I am planning on attaching copies of my statements to give them more
    > history of the accounts.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.735 / Virus Database: 489 - Release Date: 8/6/2004