I-134 question

Old Nov 5th 2002, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

sjc123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-134 question

I am in the process of applying for a K-1 visa and have a question about the I-134 form which my American Fiance is completing.

Since I am currently on a low UK income and my American Fiance is a student, I believe we are required to have my Fiance's parents supply an afidavit of support to show they they can financially support me should I not find immediate employment in the US.

What I would like to know is just how much information her parents should gather - we need to try and guage the depth of this since they have their money scattered in many accounts. Do they need to pay for official letters from each and every bank, mutual fund, 401k and investment company as well as multiple checking accounts? Would it be okay to provide basic printed statements for the 3 or 4 accounts with the highest balances?

Thanks for any help in this matter!

Yours, pulling my hair out,

Stuart