Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130: payment taken but not notice received

I-130: payment taken but not notice received

Old Apr 22nd 2020, 7:25 am
Just Joined

texstms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130: payment taken but not notice received

Hello, I posted a similar query under the timeline thread but wanted to post my query here in case anyone has a suggestion.

I am a USC, making I-130 applications for my UKC husband and 2 children. I applied early March. Payment was taken a week later, but I have not received notice the application was accepted either by email or post. Slightly concerning. Rang the Embassy's operator before the end of March to check - he advised if the payment had been taken it should be ok, but couldn't advise any further... Anyone had experience of the payment being taken but not getting an acceptance email? I know nothing is likely to be happening now during lockdown, but the application was received and payment taken well before lockdown, so would have expected a notification. I’m now anxious I may miss further messages if I did not receive the first notification.

04 March 2020: I-130 petition sent Special Delivery
05 March 2020: Delivery signed for at US Embassy
11 March 2020: Payment taken. No Notice of Receipt received.
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130: payment taken but not notice received

Hi, we sent our petition a couple of weeks after you and have not had any payment taken from our credit card as the lockdown was implemented at around that time. We contacted USCIS, and based on their reply, we got the impression that while the lockdown is in place the processing of I-130 petitions is currently on hold and only emergency consular services were in place. In the e-mail they said they were optimistic that everything would still be processed by 90 days (their processing time prior to the lockdown was <30 days). The announcement of the executive order yesterday creates further confusion in this whole situation. I am optimistic that spouse green cards will be exempt, but we will have to see what the exact terms are once the EO is published hopefully later today.

I suppose the only thing you can do now is wait patiently (as frustrating as that is). Our plan was that if we haven't received an NOA by 90 days from submitting the petition, we were going to contact USCIS again to ask them what is going on. Hopefully, by that point, the lockdown will be lifted and things will be returning to normal.

Good luck!
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 12:43 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

If you're payments taken (which is conducted by the receiving bank, NOT by US staff) then you are golden. The notice will follow in due course.
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

stuwoolf is an unknown quantity at this point

At the risk of teaching to suck eggs, maybe an email is sitting in SPAM box?

Good luck.