Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Interview - Dress smart?

Wikiposts

I-130 Interview - Dress smart?

Old May 30th 2008, 9:11 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Interview - Dress smart?

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

What's wrong with looking like you are there for a job interview? It strikes me that is a good standard to apply. The scuttlebutt has it that many Consular Officers admit that the ultimate result is often formed by first impressions.
For once I agree with the esteemed graduate of immigration law .........if you look like you don't care ....then you don't.

Not for everybody but the night before my interview I stayed at a posh hotel ...Marriott Grosvenor Square....superb it has to be said ....this enabled me to get up late..... 9am ...shower ....walk out the door ..stroll 500 yards and enter the Embassy ..feeling fully refreshed and not having suffered the usual morning rush hour
.....its busy and fraught inside ...be prepared ..take plenty of refreshments as the small kiosk inside makes Dick Turpin look like an amateur.
After that ..as long as you have followed all the instructions ...have all the pieces of paper you'll be fine ...the staff are friendly and warm ...so respond the same way ...btw ..you will be nervous ...they know that ...I messed up the finger printing twice ...

Good luck
Old Jun 5th 2008, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

mr_bluth is just really nicemr_bluth is just really nicemr_bluth is just really nicemr_bluth is just really nicemr_bluth is just really nicemr_bluth is just really nicemr_bluth is just really nicemr_bluth is just really nice

Thanks for all the replies, I can't believe I've just got the weekend to get through and then the big interview is here! I'll go with smart, this is the most important thing to me in the world so I'd best dress appropriately!

Circus-of-power, I really appreciate your post as it reassures me somewhat - I'll be hoping all goes smoothly
Old Jun 5th 2008, 7:38 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr_bluth
Thanks for all the replies, I can't believe I've just got the weekend to get through and then the big interview is here! I'll go with smart, this is the most important thing to me in the world so I'd best dress appropriately!

Circus-of-power, I really appreciate your post as it reassures me somewhat - I'll be hoping all goes smoothly
You sound so sweet, bless.. Just be honest with your answers and make sure you have all the documents they expect you to have and you'll be fine..
Old Jun 5th 2008, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

Best to be over dressed than underdressed I always say.

Jeans, shirt and shoes = Smart

Jeans, trainers and tee-shrit = Casual

Good Luck at the interview!
Old Jun 6th 2008, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

mr_bluth is just really nicemr_bluth is just really nicemr_bluth is just really nicemr_bluth is just really nicemr_bluth is just really nicemr_bluth is just really nicemr_bluth is just really nicemr_bluth is just really nice

Sweet? Thank you but it's more motivated by the fact I've been apart from the greatest girl who ever lived for over 6 months now - and if my clothing choices or anything else prolong that, I might as well just go ahead and throw myself off a bridge as I can't stand to be away from her!

Thanks for the good wishes, I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes
Old Jun 6th 2008, 5:14 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
.btw ..you will be nervous ...they know that
Hi:

I've been telling this to my clients for over 20 years. In fact, I often add that it would be suspicious if you were not nervous.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 7:05 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I've been telling this to my clients for over 20 years. In fact, I often add that it would be suspicious if you were not nervous.
Never really thought about it that way ...but there is a lot of truth in it .....must be the reason whilst at the AOS interview ....after only a few moments the official told us that my application would be accepted .....the wife had dropped the folder with all our papers in it on the floor and knocked a stapler off the poor mans desk and we'd been in the office 2 minutes
Old Jun 12th 2008, 8:50 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
Never really thought about it that way ...but there is a lot of truth in it .....must be the reason whilst at the AOS interview ....after only a few moments the official told us that my application would be accepted .....the wife had dropped the folder with all our papers in it on the floor and knocked a stapler off the poor mans desk and we'd been in the office 2 minutes
Hi:

Many DAO's don't talk while they are finishing up the paperwork. I tell my clients that if I instruct them "You might want to thank the officer at this time" -- it means that the DAO has just approved the case is doing the paperwork.