Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 approved - petitioner soon to be USC

I-130 approved - petitioner soon to be USC

Old Apr 17th 2006, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Girona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant future
Default I-130 approved - petitioner soon to be USC

Can anyone tell me what happens when the son of an LPR (over 21), living in the US, already has an approved I-130 and the LPR becomes a USC?

How do we notify the NVC that the beneficiary should now be considered the son of a US citizen?

Is there a numerical limitation on the number of visas for sons/daughters (over 21) of USC's? If so, what is the current waiting time?

Thanks to anyone that can answer any of the above.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 approved - petitioner soon to be USC

Originally Posted by Girona40
Can anyone tell me what happens when the son of an LPR (over 21), living in the US, already has an approved I-130 and the LPR becomes a USC?

How do we notify the NVC that the beneficiary should now be considered the son of a US citizen?

Is there a numerical limitation on the number of visas for sons/daughters (over 21) of USC's? If so, what is the current waiting time?

Thanks to anyone that can answer any of the above.
Hi Girona --

I believe your son would move up a preference category, to the first preference. You would send them a letter asking to "upgrade" his petition. There's still a yearly quota for the first preference category. According to the latest visa bulletin, the priority date for the 1st preference is April 22, 2001.

Current visa bulletin at:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_2868.html
Old Apr 18th 2006, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

Girona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant future
Default Re: I-130 approved - petitioner soon to be USC

Thanks.

Originally Posted by hcj1440
Hi Girona --

I believe your son would move up a preference category, to the first preference. You would send them a letter asking to "upgrade" his petition. There's still a yearly quota for the first preference category. According to the latest visa bulletin, the priority date for the 1st preference is April 22, 2001.

Current visa bulletin at:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_2868.html