I-130

Old Sep 14th 2018, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

JoJo22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-130

Originally Posted by Rete
Do not use N/A unless it is appropriate. The response might be No instead. For example if it asks for children's names, it is not N/A because it is appropriate. The correct response would be None.
My husband and I both have adult children from previous relationships. We don't need to mention them do we?
Old Sep 14th 2018, 11:29 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Of course you do if they are your children
Old Sep 14th 2018, 12:32 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Both my husband and I put down adult children on the biographical form, etc. Even put down the one son of my husband who died at age 6. None of them were emigrating with us.

What you need to realize is that your records are kept and if at some point your adult child decides to come to the US, well you need a paper trail of that adult child.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Ok thank you, so I'll put down our adult children.

Is it ok if the form is typed out then printed and after printing it out I add things in pen?
Old Sep 17th 2018, 4:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that is fine.
Old Sep 18th 2018, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Thank you all for the help so far!! I'm just about ready to send it off but I'm unsure of the necessary supporting documents aside from what is listed on the checklist. All it mentions are things like passports, marriage certificates, divorce certificates, my BRP card....things of that nature. What types of things (if any) should I send in to prove the relationship between my husband and myself besides the marriage certificate?
Old Sep 18th 2018, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

scar is an unknown quantity at this point

Someone on here will probably tell me i am wrong........ but i sent the following in addition to what you mentioned: Copy of joint bank account statement, proof of tenancy together.

We just sent back the affidavit with the additional information and we are waiting to hear back about next steps.

Double check your forms and the dates dont have any gaps!!
Old Sep 18th 2018, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scar
Someone on here will probably tell me i am wrong........ but i sent the following in addition to what you mentioned: Copy of joint bank account statement, proof of tenancy together.

We just sent back the affidavit with the additional information and we are waiting to hear back about next steps.

Double check your forms and the dates dont have any gaps!!
thank you scar. I do have a one month gap in employment from when I moved to London from the states. Will that be ok? Should I explain it in the extra info section?
Old Sep 18th 2018, 1:35 pm
Concierge

You can and should, IMHO, do as scar did. Whatever evidence you might have as flimsy as you might it is, i.e. birthday / anniversary cards to each other, wedding photos, etc. Don't overload it as you will be bringing this and more updated evidence to the actual interview in London.
Old Sep 20th 2018, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

scar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JoJo22

thank you scar. I do have a one month gap in employment from when I moved to London from the states. Will that be ok? Should I explain it in the extra info section?
If it was me. I would list the dates and state you were unemployed. (double check the instructions don't tell you what to do). I think the main thing is that there is no gaps.
Old Sep 20th 2018, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scar
If it was me. I would list the dates and state you were unemployed. (double check the instructions don't tell you what to do). I think the main thing is that there is no gaps.
thank you!
Old Sep 20th 2018, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
You can and should, IMHO, do as scar did. Whatever evidence you might have as flimsy as you might it is, i.e. birthday / anniversary cards to each other, wedding photos, etc. Don't overload it as you will be bringing this and more updated evidence to the actual interview in London.
thank you, I will
Old Sep 20th 2018, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Am I correct that I don’t fill out form G-1145 because I’m applying at USCIS in London?
Old Sep 21st 2018, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Another question....

Do we need letters of introduction with the i130? If so, what should it include?
Old Sep 21st 2018, 9:33 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoJo22
Another question....

Do we need letters of introduction with the i130? If so, what should it include?
I have never heard of Letters of Introduction so I'm going to say no.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.