I-130

Old Aug 23rd 2018, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

JoJo22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130

Hi Everyone!

I'm new here and hoping for a bit of guidance.

A bit of background info....

I'm a US citizen and my husband is a UK citizen. After 3 years of long distance relationship we married in June of 2017. Shortly after we did the paperwork for my visa to come to the UK to live. I moved here to the UK in December of 2017. We have decided we would like to live in California (where I'm from). Hoping to make the move in about a year, fingers crossed. So we begin on another visa adventure. From what I've read I can send in the I-130 form to the USCIS London Field Office. My current questions are as follows....

1. The guidance on the USCIS website states that I'll need to send in proof of living here in the UK. Listed were passport stamps and residence card. Does this mean the actual passport and card? Or would copies be ok?

2. Payment is listed in dollars. How do I pay it? I think I remember cashiers check was listed. Is that something I can get here in the UK or do I need to have someone in the US do that and mail it to me?

3. After I file the I-130 do I wait for that to be approved before moving on to the next form/stage?

I'm sure theres other things I'm not thinking of at the moment but this is a beginning.

Thank you!!

Last edited by Noorah101; Aug 23rd 2018 at 11:38 am. Reason: Intro not needed now
Old Aug 23rd 2018, 11:42 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130

1. Definitely copies. Take originals to the visa interview.

2. I think they now accept credit card payment, don't they? There are no instructions for payment on the US Embassy London website?

3. Yes.

Be sure to look at the I-864 affidavit of support so you'll have an idea of how to meet that requirement. You'll need it by the time of the interview.

Rene
Old Aug 23rd 2018, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone with more experience will clarify, but if you haven't already, make sure your US tax returns are up to date (in the sense that you've continued filing them!)
Old Aug 23rd 2018, 3:46 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
Someone with more experience will clarify, but if you haven't already, make sure your US tax returns are up to date (in the sense that you've continued filing them!)
Excellent point. The OP will need at least the most recent 3 years of US tax returns.

Rene
Old Aug 23rd 2018, 6:36 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101

2. I think they now accept credit card payment, don't they? There are no instructions for payment on the US Embassy London website?

Rene
When I did mine, many years ago, I printed off the online credit card form and sent it with the I-130. I just searched for the credit card form and it is still on the London web site.
Old Sep 6th 2018, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the responses!!

I was was just going through and double checking my answers on the I 130. I’ve got a few questions about it....

1. Page 3 asks about my parents and their residence. My father is no longer living, should I put “deceased”?

2. Page 7 asks “was the beneficiary ever in the United States?”.... does this mean living or visiting? He’s visited plenty of times up to 4 weeks at a time but he’s never lived there. Do I say yes or no on this one?

3. Page 8, physical address together. I put the date we began living together at this address for “date from” But it also asks for “date to”, as its current, so I leave it blank? I tried inputting current but the form only wants numbers.

4. Page 8 states “the beneficiary will not apply for adjustment of status in the US but will apply for an immigrant visa abroad at the us embassy or us consulate in: “ .....do I just put London?

thank you all so much!
Old Sep 6th 2018, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

scar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lansbury

When I did mine, many years ago, I printed off the online credit card form and sent it with the I-130. I just searched for the credit card form and it is still on the London web site.
i am currently going though the process. I sumbitted my i.130 in May and paid by American Express.
Old Sep 6th 2018, 11:59 am

JoJo,

1. Yes
2. It means ever, in any capacity. Yes.
3. If he's currently just visiting you, I wouldn't say you have a physical address together. He's not yet living with you... He's visiting. I'd say "none".
4. London, yes.

Rene
Old Sep 6th 2018, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
JoJo,

1. Yes
2. It means ever, in any capacity. Yes.
3. If he's currently just visiting you, I wouldn't say you have a physical address together. He's not yet living with you... He's visiting. I'd say "none".
4. London, yes.

Rene
Hi Rene,

Thanks for your responses! As for number 3, I’m living in London with him on a spouse visa. We’ve been living together since I moved over here. So we are currently still living together. What should I say?
Old Sep 6th 2018, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by JoJo22

Hi Rene,

Thanks for your responses! As for number 3, I’m living in London with him on a spouse visa. We’ve been living together since I moved over here. So we are currently still living together. What should I say?

oh, sorry, I didn't realize that. Then yes, put your current address. If you can only put in dates, put the current date.

Rene
Old Sep 6th 2018, 12:59 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You haven't mentioned, and no one has asked, but you are filing the I-130 at the USCIS in London and not in the US, correct?
Old Sep 7th 2018, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

scar is an unknown quantity at this point

i have heard back from the embassy in London on my i-130. It sounds very obvious but make sure you follow the instructions.....

(1) make sure there is no Gaps in employment or residence addresses. we had a 2 month Gap in employment just at the 5 years ago cut off.
(2) we left some blanks and didn't write N/A

we now require to write a affidavit on both points confirming the missed information. not a major problem but adds a few days/ weeks to the process.
Old Sep 7th 2018, 2:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Do not use N/A unless it is appropriate. The response might be No instead. For example if it asks for children's names, it is not N/A because it is appropriate. The correct response would be None.
Old Sep 14th 2018, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
You haven't mentioned, and no one has asked, but you are filing the I-130 at the USCIS in London and not in the US, correct?
Yes thats correct
Old Sep 14th 2018, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scar
i have heard back from the embassy in London on my i-130. It sounds very obvious but make sure you follow the instructions.....

(1) make sure there is no Gaps in employment or residence addresses. we had a 2 month Gap in employment just at the 5 years ago cut off.
(2) we left some blanks and didn't write N/A

we now require to write a affidavit on both points confirming the missed information. not a major problem but adds a few days/ weeks to the process.
Thank you for sharing your experience. When I first moved here to London I didn't work for a month. How do I not have a gap in employment then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.