Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-129F to K-1 Visa - Timeline ONLY!

I-129F to K-1 Visa - Timeline ONLY!

Old Sep 3rd 2012, 6:16 pm
Regular

KarenLB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-129F to K-1 Visa - Timeline ONLY!

Hi,

I've been looking with interest at the I-130 timeline thread, but is there a thread on here for the I-129F. We would really like to get an idea on how long its taking to process start to finish ... and of course who better to ask than people who have been through it or are currently going through it ...
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 6:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-129F - Timeline

Originally Posted by KarenLB
Hi,

I've been looking with interest at the I-130 timeline thread, but is there a thread on here for the I-129F. We would really like to get an idea on how long its taking to process start to finish ... and of course who better to ask than people who have been through it or are currently going through it ...
I don't believe I have seen a specific timeline thread for the K-1 visa process, no.

Typical timeline is about 6 - 8 months. 4 - 5 months for the I-129F approval, and the remainder of time for the K-1 visa application process.

If you do a little reading on other people's K-1 threads, you'll run across some that have recently completed the process.

Rene
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 6:25 pm
Regular

Well shall I get the ball rolling, I'm sure there are plenty out there that would like some idea. We've only just started the process so not much to tell yet ...

I-129F Filed - 10th August 2012
I-129F Receipted by the USCIS - 16th August 2012

now for the long wait :/
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 7:28 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

So be it.

Please keep this thread for sharing Timelines ONLY. If you have a specific question regarding any procedure, forms, medical, interview, etc. please create a NEW thread with your specific question, as it relates to your own case. Those kinds of questions get lost in timeline threads, and takes it way off topic.

Posts in this thread which are not Timeline Only posts will be removed and a new thread created.

Thank you,
Rene
Old Sep 4th 2012, 3:30 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-129F to K-1 Visa - Timeline ONLY!

visajourney.com has an extensive timeline database.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by KarenLB
We would really like to get an idea on how long its taking to process start to finish ... and of course who better to ask than people who have been through it or are currently going through it ...
Old Sep 4th 2012, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

Kaz_M is an unknown quantity at this point

My Fiance sent off the I-129f 10th August and as yet we have not had anything to say it is received
Old Sep 8th 2012, 7:24 pm
Regular

Originally Posted by Kaz_M
My Fiance sent off the I-129f 10th August and as yet we have not had anything to say it is received

Kaz has your Petition been receipted yet?
Old Sep 8th 2012, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Hi Karen, No nothing at all no email or letter.
Old Sep 8th 2012, 8:37 pm
Regular

Have you checked to see if they cashed your cheque?

Last edited by KarenLB; Sep 8th 2012 at 8:41 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2012, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

How long does it take for them to cash the cheque? My Fiance hasnt been well so i dont think he has checked. Will ask him later didnt even think about that as showing they have it.

Thank you Karen
Old Sep 8th 2012, 9:20 pm
Regular

They actually cashed our cheque the same day we got the receipt notice, its worthing checking. for you
Old Sep 8th 2012, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

Thank you again will let you know
Old Sep 8th 2012, 11:32 pm
Just Joined

The Cheque has not been cashed so not sure if they havent received it or if its been rejected oh well more waiting to try and find out whats happened.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Kaz_M
The Cheque has not been cashed so not sure if they havent received it or if its been rejected oh well more waiting to try and find out whats happened.
Didn't you send the I-129F to USCIS via a trackable method?

Rene
Old Sep 9th 2012, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Hi Rene

No he didn't. He is disabled and there was no one to take him to the post office so he just sent it out.

Kaz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.