Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Husband Has K3 Visa!!!! Whoooooo Hooooo

Husband Has K3 Visa!!!! Whoooooo Hooooo

Old Jan 6th 2004, 4:55 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Husband Has K3 Visa!!!! Whoooooo Hooooo

Hi All,

This is a wonderful day for my husband and I!!!!!

We’ve been experiencing a little drama for the past week but I wasn’t ready to post anything until I could post everything.

12/29/03 – Monday : I spoke with my husband for a little over an hour. There was no news about the visa yet. He was pleased because his health insurance had finally paid some medical and dental claims he filed this summer. He was concerned about giving notice at work without that taken care of. We made a date to talk again on Thursday.

12/30/03 – Tuesday: He gets a call from the Casablanca consulate. “Your visa is ready come pick it up Friday at 3:00pm.�

12/31/03 – Wednesday. I tried to call Marakesh for hours. There was terrible congestion on the phone lines and I did not speak to my husband. At this point I still don’t even know about the consulate calling him.

01/01/04 – Thurday: Same problem as Wednesday. I only tried to call a few times before giving up, holidays are like that.

01/02/03 – Friday: Khalid calls in sick to work and takes the 4 hour bus trip to Casablanca (I still know nothing about all this). He gets to consulate a little before 3:00pm.

Consulate: Sorry we can’t give you your visa today. Come back Monday at 3:00pm.
Husband: Why?
Consulate: Because you should have been here at 8:00am, that is when we were giving people their visas.
Husband: The woman that called me said 3:00pm. I made her repeat it several times.
Consulate: We know. She told a lot of people that. They will all have to come back Monday at 3:00pm.
Husband: 3:00pm? Are you sure it is not 8:00am?
Consulate: No. On that day it will be 3:00pm.

They asked for his passport and said they would return it when they gave him the visa. So he takes the bus back to Marakesh because he has to work that weekend and has a wedding to go to Sunday.

01/04/03 – Sunday: I start trying to call Marakesh again. This time I’m not going to give up. After trying for about 45 minutes I get through. It is around 1:00am in Morocco so of course he’s asleep. We have a long talk he tells me about the whole Casablanca saga and that he’s going back Monday at 3:00pm. I asked why he didn’t call me. He says……. “Why? To tell you I still don’t have the visa?� He promises to call me as soon as he leaves the embassy Monday.

01/05/03 – Monday: He calls in sick to work (they’re really getting sick of this) and takes the 4 hour bus trip to Casablanca.

Consulate: Your visa is not ready. You’ll have to come back tomorrow.
Consulate: Processing is not complete. We can’t let you have it until tomorrow. Come back tomorrow at 3:00pm.

He calls me and tells me about all of this. We are both upset, but what can you do? He stays overnight in Casablanca.

01/06/03 – Tuesday (Today) – He calls in sick to work again (they really hate his guts now.) He just called me a little while ago. They gave him the visa, his passport, and the sealed brown envelope.

Thank God.

Leslie
Old Jan 6th 2004, 4:58 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Husband Has K3 Visa!!!! Whoooooo Hooooo

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hi All,

We’ve been experiencing a little drama for the past week but I wasn’t ready to post anything until I could post everything.

12/29/03 – Monday : I spoke with my husband for a little over an hour. There was no news about the visa yet. He was pleased because his health insurance had finally paid some medical and dental claims he filed this summer. He was concerned about giving notice at work without that taken care of. We made a date to talk again on Thursday.

12/30/03 – Tuesday: He gets a call from the Casablanca consulate. “Your visa is ready come pick it up Friday at 3:00pm.�

12/31/03 – Wednesday. I tried to call Marakesh for hours. There was terrible congestion on the phone lines and I did not speak to my husband. At this point I still don’t even know about the consulate calling him.

01/01/04 – Thurday: Same problem as Wednesday. I only tried to call a few times before giving up, holidays are like that.

01/02/03 – Friday: Khalid calls in sick to work and takes the 4 hour bus trip to Casablanca (I still know nothing about all this). He gets to consulate a little before 3:00pm.

Consulate: Because you should have been here at 8:00am, that is when we were giving people their visas.
Husband: The woman that called me said 3:00pm. I made her repeat it several times.
Consulate: We know. She told a lot of people that. They will all have to come back Monday at 3:00pm.

They asked for his passport and said they would return it when they gave him the visa. So he takes the bus back to Marakesh because he has to work that weekend and has a wedding to go to Sunday.

01/04/03 – Sunday: I start trying to call Marakesh again. This time I’m not going to give up. After trying for about 45 minutes I get through. It is around 1:00am in Morocco so of course he’s asleep. We have a long talk he tells me about the whole Casablanca saga and that he’s going back Monday at 3:00pm. I asked why he didn’t call me. He says……. “Why? To tell you I still don’t have the visa?� He promises to call me as soon as he leaves the embassy Monday.

01/05/03 – Monday: He calls in sick to work (they’re really getting sick of this) and takes the 4 hour bus trip to Casablanca.

Consulate: Processing is not complete. We can’t let you have it until tomorrow. Come back tomorrow at 3:00pm.

He calls me and tells me about all of this. We are both upset, but what can you do? He stays overnight in Casablanca.

01/06/03 – Tuesday (Today) – He calls in sick to work again (they really hate his guts now.) He just called me a little while ago. They gave him the visa, his passport, and the sealed brown envelope.

Thank God.

Leslie
Thank God Leslie!!!!!!!! So so happy for you and Khalid...just a matter of a little while now and you'll be back in your guy's arms. You and I have much to be thankful for today. Lots of love and hugs to you,
~SG and Mr. Pink
Old Jan 6th 2004, 4:59 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Leslie!

Congratulations! Wow what a pain in the arse for Khalid to go there so many times...but at least he has it now. So...when's he flying to the U.S.??

Woohoo, your hubby's on his way!

Juliet
Old Jan 6th 2004, 5:00 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

wholly mackanaw! well great news for you, finally.. I know its been a long haul..

kick your feet up and celebrate.. yay Leslie!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 5:01 pm
At last in Josh's arms =)

JoshsCarole is an unknown quantity at this point

Wonderful news, Leslie!!! At last!!! Congratulations!!! When is he coming to the US (for good!!!!)?
Old Jan 6th 2004, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Waterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant future

Congratulations Leslie. All the best to you both!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

saidsgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Thank God.

Leslie
Darling Girl.....
I have been WAITING to read this post on here!!! HOORAY!!

What a wild ride for Khalid, huh? How extremely frustrating! But, at least he now has his visa and he can come to America and live happily ever after with you. It's a wonderful feeling to know that the hard part is over with and that now you can travel the road together.

When does he plan on coming?

Hugs and smiles,
~kristine & said
Old Jan 6th 2004, 5:04 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to you both ....MUST be a multi GIF day or even a week
Old Jan 6th 2004, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Dorceia is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Thank God.

Leslie
Great News!! Congratulations to you and your husband.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

AdiaStar has a spectacular aura aboutAdiaStar has a spectacular aura aboutAdiaStar has a spectacular aura about

Hi All,

Leslie

Congratulations to you both!!!

Have you guys decided when he will be coming?

AdiaStar
Old Jan 6th 2004, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

As you would say....
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

WOW, Congratulations Leslie & Khalid - at last! Wonderful news and an unbelievable story - I bet you can't believe he finally has it!!

Happy planning!

PS. Hope he is feeling much better now - i.e. no longer ill!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 5:26 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Thank God.

Leslie

Gosh...all tthat calling in sick, sure hope he doesn't get fired .
Congratulations!!!!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 5:28 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Thank God.

Leslie

Leslie, sincerest congrats to you both. I know it seems kinda anticlimatic now after all you've been through. A good start FINALLY to 2004!
All the best
Old Jan 6th 2004, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Leslie. I'm really happy for you both!

Elaine
Old Jan 6th 2004, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh Happy Day!!! Have you set a date for him to fly here?

Cheers,
Patty Khadijah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.