Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Husband Has K3 Visa!!!! Whoooooo Hooooo

Wikiposts

Husband Has K3 Visa!!!! Whoooooo Hooooo

Old Jan 6th 2004, 5:34 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Husband Has K3 Visa!!!! Whoooooo Hooooo

God what a nightmare for you both. Many congrats on *finally* getting the K3. Very best wishes and hugs.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, this is wonderful news!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! You must be very happy and excited!!!!

Originally posted by HunterGreen
Congratulations, Leslie. I'm really happy for you both!

Elaine
Old Jan 6th 2004, 5:50 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yippeeeeee, Hoorayyyyy, and Mashallah!! I'm so happy for you guys! What a saga he went through! A great big huge congratulations and HUGS to you both!! :-)))
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:11 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Big THANK YOU everybody. You guys have kept me going and I'm not exaggerating on little bit.

Congratulations again SecretGarden!! I'm thrilled we get to share this day.

As for when he will be here...... He is going to give notice at work tomorrow. Then work out his last week or two (whatever they agree on). He would prefer to give only one week notice (that is considered appropriate in Morocco he tells me). However it is extremely busy this time of year, he says Marakesh is so full of tourists the city is literally going to explode. lol. On the other hand, when he was in Casa he said it was dead and the taxi drivers were fighting over fares. The taxi drivers were complaining because everybody went to Marakesh for the holidays. I digress. He wants to leave on good terms with his employer so he will work the two weeks if they want him to. Then he will have to visit and say farewell to everybody in Morocco. Literally, to hear him tell it, he is going to literally visit every single person in Morocco before he leaves . Then get on an airplane and fly. I think he would like to stay until after the holiday on February 10th (forgive me, I forget what it's called but it has something to do with slaughtering a lamb. Maybe Heba or Patty or Rene can help me out here.) So, God willing, he will be here for St. Valentine's day.

Leslie
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:15 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

You must be so relieved. Are you going out celebrating? Which POE will he use? Houston, Dallas or somewhere else?

If his weather there is anything like here, he'll be enjoying some amazing winter sun.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

mrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on your wonderful news! At last, you've got the big one landed and from now on you're working to YOUR timescale! Feels good doesn't it?

Cheers,

Mr Pink
~and SecretGarden
~~ have you SEEN the size of this passport stamp????!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:17 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Leslie,

Congrats to you and hubby, I'm so happy for you both.
Thanks for the detailed account also, it was probably hell for him to go through but it made good reading.
When is he due 'home'?
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!
kysilver and I are so glad for you guy's......
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:21 am
won't be long now!

SidAngelika is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hi All,

This is a wonderful day for my husband and I!!!!!

We’ve been experiencing a little drama for the past week but I wasn’t ready to post anything until I could post everything.

12/29/03 – Monday : I spoke with my husband for a little over an hour. There was no news about the visa yet. He was pleased because his health insurance had finally paid some medical and dental claims he filed this summer. He was concerned about giving notice at work without that taken care of. We made a date to talk again on Thursday.

12/30/03 – Tuesday: He gets a call from the Casablanca consulate. “Your visa is ready come pick it up Friday at 3:00pm.�

12/31/03 – Wednesday. I tried to call Marakesh for hours. There was terrible congestion on the phone lines and I did not speak to my husband. At this point I still don’t even know about the consulate calling him.

01/01/04 – Thurday: Same problem as Wednesday. I only tried to call a few times before giving up, holidays are like that.

01/02/03 – Friday: Khalid calls in sick to work and takes the 4 hour bus trip to Casablanca (I still know nothing about all this). He gets to consulate a little before 3:00pm.

Consulate: Sorry we can’t give you your visa today. Come back Monday at 3:00pm.
Husband: Why?
Consulate: Because you should have been here at 8:00am, that is when we were giving people their visas.
Husband: The woman that called me said 3:00pm. I made her repeat it several times.
Consulate: We know. She told a lot of people that. They will all have to come back Monday at 3:00pm.
Husband: 3:00pm? Are you sure it is not 8:00am?
Consulate: No. On that day it will be 3:00pm.

They asked for his passport and said they would return it when they gave him the visa. So he takes the bus back to Marakesh because he has to work that weekend and has a wedding to go to Sunday.

01/04/03 – Sunday: I start trying to call Marakesh again. This time I’m not going to give up. After trying for about 45 minutes I get through. It is around 1:00am in Morocco so of course he’s asleep. We have a long talk he tells me about the whole Casablanca saga and that he’s going back Monday at 3:00pm. I asked why he didn’t call me. He says……. “Why? To tell you I still don’t have the visa?� He promises to call me as soon as he leaves the embassy Monday.

01/05/03 – Monday: He calls in sick to work (they’re really getting sick of this) and takes the 4 hour bus trip to Casablanca.

Consulate: Your visa is not ready. You’ll have to come back tomorrow.
Husband: Why?
Consulate: Processing is not complete. We can’t let you have it until tomorrow. Come back tomorrow at 3:00pm.

He calls me and tells me about all of this. We are both upset, but what can you do? He stays overnight in Casablanca.

01/06/03 – Tuesday (Today) – He calls in sick to work again (they really hate his guts now.) He just called me a little while ago. They gave him the visa, his passport, and the sealed brown envelope.

Thank God.

Leslie
Congratulations.....what a final drama but with an happy-end.....best wishes!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

optimist is an unknown quantity at this point

congratulations... valentine's day is good for a homecoming party for you and your hubby....

PS: i'll go thru Houston as a POE in two weeks...i'll post my experience...

Hope that Khadija's approval is on its way..soon...
BEE & GABI

1 NOA TSC 06/06
2 NOA TSC 10/31
NVC LETTER - arrived 11/07 - dated 11/03
ARRIVED AT BUCHAREST, US EMBASSY IN ROMANIA - 11/10
EMBASSY SEND PACKAGE 3 -11/17
PACKAGE 3 RECEIVED AND SEND BACK ON 11/19
EMBASSY RECEIVED PACKAGE 3 - 11/24
MEDICAL EXAM - 12/17
VISA INTERVIEW - 12/18
VISA ISSUED - 12/18
US ARRIVAL (Poe HOUSTON) - 01/21
WEDDING DAY - VALENTINE'S DAY....
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:24 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!! That's wonderful that he finally received his visa.

I guess he doens't really have to worry about getting fired due to all those sick days since he'll quit before long anyway, haha. I'm sure the anticipation until you see him will kill you (I know it wouldkill me), but at least you now that he got his visa and will be on that airplane for sure. Yippy!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point

BIG Congratulations, Leslie!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

As for when he will be here......
......So, God willing, he will be here for St. Valentine's day.
A November baby on the way soon then Leslie?!!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:29 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

This is a wonderful day for my husband and I!!!!!

We’ve been experiencing a little drama for the past week but I wasn’t ready to post anything until I could post everything.
Leslie!!
You are a butthead!! Why didn't you e-mail me??, Just kidding girlie!
I still can't believe he had to go 3 times before he got his visa.. how crazy is that .
I am thrilled for you guys!!!!, I am speechless, Hyper is SPEECHLESS!!, Can you believe it?? LOL
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
I can now put the dancing smilies
:PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:PARTY:!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:30 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

It feels great Mr Pink. As you well know!

Sibs,
We're going to use British Airways. He'll fly from Morocco to London then straight to Dallas as the POE. Yippee!!!

Leslie

Originally posted by mrpink
Congratulations on your wonderful news! At last, you've got the big one landed and from now on you're working to YOUR timescale! Feels good doesn't it?

Cheers,

Mr Pink
~and SecretGarden
~~ have you SEEN the size of this passport stamp????!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.