Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Hurray! I got my Visa yesterday! Praise God

Old Jan 18th 2003, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

foley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hurray! I got my Visa yesterday! Praise God

It is my pleasure to inform you all that I received my V1 spousal visa yesterday afternoon here in London after more than 3 years wait. To God be the glory.
The interview went without any stress, infact no single question was asked, and the interviewer did not even check all the supporting documents and photographs and video that I took along to prove my marriage. It only took approximately 2 minutes to conclude the interview, although the wait to be called to the interviewers desk was much longer.

1)Got to Dr Phelans at about 7.10am, met Chris and we walked towards the embassy looking for a cashpoint, just to while away the time.
2)Got back to Dr Phelans at about 7.45am, met about 10 people on the queue.
3)Clinic doors opened at 8am exactly, ushered into a waiting room and later given a file to put all our medical documents and passport photo and international passport.
4)Submitted the file and sat down again. Was later called one after the other to pay medical fee of £125 or whichever is applicable.
5)Medical tests and x-rays completed and proceeded to embassy at about 10am.
6)After careful procedural checks at the gates and counter, proceeded to the immigrant hall where you hand over your letter of interview at counter 1 or 2. then went to take seat which laster almost 30minutes before being called again to produce documents like birth cert, police report, marriage cert, passport photo, and affidavit if any. you then take your seat again
7)then the real wait continues for about 1hr or more before I was called to the counter for my interview, which as I said earlier was just about 2 minutes and was told to sit down and wait for my visa, since by then my medicals had come in and was ok. No interview questions were asked at all. That must be God at work!
8) Called at about 12.20pm to counter 1 to collect my passport and medicals. Was shown my 10years multiple visa with mno restrictions at all. I was then adviced to contact the social security office as soon as I get to US to apply for SSN. I was also told to do AOS as soon as my Visa Number becomes available in the USA.

Folks this is my story. God is faithful.

Timeline
16-Nov-1999: Filled application
17-Dec-1999: 1st NOA
June-2001: 2nd NOA
2-Oct 2002: letter from DOJ informing of my eligibilty to apply for V-Visa based on LIFE ACT
10-Nov-2002:Letter from US embassy in UK informing me to begin processing
18-Nov-2002: Filled application
5-Dec-2002: interview letter from US embassy
17-Jan-2003: Interview success

For those still waiting, trust in the Lord and your time will come. Believe me I have waited for more than 3 years and is not been easy. I have a US permanent Resident wife and a US citizen son, whom I was denied visa to see his birth in 2000. But now I can smile. There is no need to be worried at all.

I plan to travel early Feb to the US finally.
Praise God! Jesus is Lord.
Old Jan 19th 2003, 2:50 am
Ah-Jua

Default Re: Hurray! I got my Visa yesterday! Praise God

Congratulations, and yes, JESUS ~IS~ LORD! AMEN.

Hey- what type of visa were you originally applying for in 1999, it
looks like an I 130?

-Sue (Ah-jua)

Old Jan 19th 2003, 3:32 am
Elizabeth Murphy

Congratulations...Praise God for sure!!!!

elizabeth

Old Jan 19th 2003, 12:23 pm
bba1vol

Why so long?

Old Jan 19th 2003, 1:22 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bba1vol
Why so long?
The spouse in the US is NOT a USC but a permanent resident. They have to wait for their number to be current on the quota system which can take up to six years. The V visa allows them, like a K-3, to be reunited with their spouses while they wait for their number to become current.

Rete
Old Jan 19th 2003, 7:32 pm
Mrtravel

[email protected] wrote:
    >
    > Why so long?

I believe the OP was talking about a V VISA. This was a visa available
for people the had been waiting over 3 years for a visa due to the
sponsor being a permanent resident. I believe there are date specific
qualifications also, but I am too lazy to look it up today. This was
part of the latest LIFE Act

Old Jan 19th 2003, 8:35 pm
Tamon Yanagimoto

Rete wrote in message news:...
    > Originally posted by bba1vol
    > > Why so long?
    >
    > The spouse in the US is NOT a USC but a permanent resident. They
    > have to wait for their number to be current on the quota system which
    > can take up to six years. The V visa allows them, like a K-3, to be
    > reunited with their spouses while they wait for their number to
    > become current.
    >
    > Rete

That's great!! I was in a similar situation with Japanese Fiance. I
am a permanent resident but will have my citizenship interview next
month. then I will go to Japan and do direct consular filing. I
completely understand what you mean ... now you can get on with the
rest of your life!!! AMEN!!

Old Jan 19th 2003, 9:21 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Why! did he interview you, I just got some guy called John - that seems slightly unfair!

Jesus is Lord - he is only a phrophet if you are a Muslim!
Old Jan 19th 2003, 9:46 pm
Oregon/ShangHai

donahso is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Patrick

Why! did he interview you, I just got some guy called John - that seems slightly unfair!

Jesus is Lord - he is only a phrophet if you are a Muslim!

I was going to ask much the same thing; did HE help with the paperwork? Maybe co-sponsor?
Old Jan 20th 2003, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

ccqiu is an unknown quantity at this point

Great! That's actually the first case that I saw in this forum of a successful V visa. Yes, Brother, it's not easy, our government seems quite unreasonable to force spouses of PR holders to wait for 3 years (There are a lot of Pharasees in our government, I guess.)
Old Jan 20th 2003, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Hi there,

Congratulations!!! I'm glad you and Chris received your visas that day. I'm sure you're wife is extremely excited that you're coming home. I know I can't wait for Chris to arrive. Anyway, good luck. Funny how you met without even knowing you both read Britishexptats.com

Take care,

Kat (Chris' Fiance )

P.S. He booked through ebookers.com for his flight
Old Jan 20th 2003, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

foley is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes thanks Kat. Chris did tell me that he had booked his ticket through ebookers, but I am going to book directly through british airways, I think they have a better deal for houston.

For those asking whether Jesus was my co-sponsor for my affidavit......The answer is that He Was and is my FULL sponsor.

and I mean it.....my interview was without any stress at all! No question asked!

I am indeed a record breaker...having the first V-Visa success here on this board. Hurray!
Good luck to others waiting.

Cheers
Old Jan 20th 2003, 12:39 pm
jay
Just Joined

jay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ah-Jua
Congratulations, and yes, JESUS ~IS~ LORD! AMEN.

Hey- what type of visa were you originally applying for in 1999, it
looks like an I 130?

-Sue (Ah-jua)
well said. after all is said 'n done, Jesus came thru for you and it all makes sense to you now i'm sure.