Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How much evidence for AOS interview?

How much evidence for AOS interview?

Old Jul 6th 2004, 10:07 am
Welsh Wife

JohnCindy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How much evidence for AOS interview?

Originally posted by mrsm
It doesn't say on interview letter specifically to have updated I-864. But if you have had to wait over a year for interview then you need it to be updated indicating most recent tax year & the current poverty guidelines. We were given two months notice prior to interview, so we I had plenty of time to make myself totally crazy, going over and over everything. At this point I've had enough, let's just get it over and done with one way or another!
P.S. No, I'm not nervous about interview- YET!
I have been more nervous about going back to work today (had a week off) as I was going to be working with lots of new kids & staff, (I'm a teacher aide - started working summer school today)
but thankfully that went OK.
Awwwwww great!! Sleep well and sweet dreams of a successful AOS interview!!

Cindy & John
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

tcylinder is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey yourselves. I think we're as ready as we're going to be!
I will check, re-check everything tonight too, though to be honest I'm sick of the sight of the pile of stuff we've got. I'm too burned out with it all to be nervous at the moment. Glad you got a co-sponsor just in case plus the medical, I didn't bother with medical - we'll see what happens with that. My husband has a brain like a sieve, he can't remember anything - he better bloody remember tomorrow!
We wish you both "Very Good Luck" for tomorrow, in case we don't work out who each other is in the waiting room. .

Thanks for your well wishes now let's go get those I-551 stamps bright and early tomorrow and come back here to tell everyone how great the people at 26 Federal Plaza are!

The Very Best of Luck to both of you as well!!!!
Old Jul 6th 2004, 2:47 pm
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

Our NYC AOS interview shouldn't be too far off now; we filed in Oct 2002, and I had my biometrics in March.

My wife and I don't have joint bank accounts or credit due to the fact that for the longest time, I did not have a job and thus no need for a joint account, and she had to declare bankrupcy.

We do however, have joint medical and life insurance policies (I on her employer's health plan, she on my employer's dental plan, both of us on each others employer-life insurance and retirement accounts), joint tax returns, and other things to that effect.

Do they place that much of an emphasis on joint finances as I have seen on these forums? Some posters seem to go to great lengths to demonstrate their finances are tightly inter-twined.

Question about the medical: For those that did not do the medical overseas. Does the USCIS send a letter to you, informing you that you have to get your medical done prior to the interview, or do people just wing it and arrange the med when they get the interview letter?

Last edited by nathan barley; Jul 6th 2004 at 2:49 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Nobby is an unknown quantity at this point

We have: (apart from birth/marriage certificates. Passport & EAD)

Wedding pictures & a few of us together/ us with my family.
Joint bank accounts/ letter from bank.
He's on my work health insurance and NYS retirement plan as beneficiary.
I'm beneficiary on his IRA's.
Updated notorised I-864, 3 years joint tax returns,W2's & IRS printouts.
Both our employer letters.
Copy of my vaccination record (they already have my full medical).
Copies of absolutely everything inc. some of the photo's.
I have wedding/ anniversary, birthday cards, and a ton of Christmas cards from our families over the years.
The house is under his name, utilities too, though I sign the cheques. So I'll take a random selection of joint bank statements w/cancelled cheques?
Anything extra you can think of?

You have more than you need. Don't worry.. you'll be fine!

Good Luck for tomorrow... hope all goes well for you.

Getting a new (used) car on the 8th which will be in both our names, too late for the interview I know.
I'm more excited now about having my own car than the prospect of (possibly) getting my passport stamped. Only hope I'm here to drive it and I'm not being shipped back to the UK :scared:
Old Jul 6th 2004, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Luton_girl is an unknown quantity at this point

BEST WISHES!! Mrsm, you sound like you have everything you need, will have you in my thoughts tomorrow, good luck to you both.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Luton_girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
I had my AOS interview yesterday at Baltimore and I'd done as much photocopying and preparation as you appear to have done - all I ended up handing over was one copy of our joint checking account statement, one copy of our, (my) credit card statement and one copy of our joint car insurance - this seemed to suffice and I got my I-551 stamp there and then!

I think you might well be ok!!

Good luck with your interview, I hope it all goes well.

Best wishes

Tam
CONGRATS!!!!! :-)
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, mrsm!