Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How much evidence for AOS interview?

Wikiposts

How much evidence for AOS interview?

Old Jun 30th 2004, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How much evidence for AOS interview?

We have: (apart from birth/marriage certificates. Passport & EAD)

Wedding pictures & a few of us together/ us with my family.
Joint bank accounts/ letter from bank.
He's on my work health insurance and NYS retirement plan as beneficiary.
I'm beneficiary on his IRA's.
Updated notorised I-864, 3 years joint tax returns,W2's & IRS printouts.
Both our employer letters.
Copy of my vaccination record (they already have my full medical).
Copies of absolutely everything inc. some of the photo's.
I have wedding/ anniversary, birthday cards, and a ton of Christmas cards from our families over the years.
The house is under his name, utilities too, though I sign the cheques. So I'll take a random selection of joint bank statements w/cancelled cheques?
Anything extra you can think of?

Getting a new (used) car on the 8th which will be in both our names, too late for the interview I know.
I'm more excited now about having my own car than the prospect of (possibly) getting my passport stamped. Only hope I'm here to drive it and I'm not being shipped back to the UK :scared:

Last edited by mrsm; Jun 30th 2004 at 1:16 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:15 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How much evidence for AOS interview?

I had my AOS interview yesterday at Baltimore and I'd done as much photocopying and preparation as you appear to have done - all I ended up handing over was one copy of our joint checking account statement, one copy of our, (my) credit card statement and one copy of our joint car insurance - this seemed to suffice and I got my I-551 stamp there and then!

I think you might well be ok!!

Good luck with your interview, I hope it all goes well.

Best wishes

Tam
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
I had my AOS interview yesterday at Baltimore and I'd done as much photocopying and preparation as you appear to have done - all I ended up handing over was one copy of our joint checking account statement, one copy of our, (my) credit card statement and one copy of our joint car insurance - this seemed to suffice and I got my I-551 stamp there and then!

I think you might well be ok!!

Good luck with your interview, I hope it all goes well.

Best wishes

Tam
Many congratulations and all the best to you too
I just wanted to be sure we had enough stuff
As it is I don't fancy "schlepping" what we have now around NYC
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:51 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mrsm
I just wanted to be sure we had enough stuff
As it is I don't fancy "schlepping" what we have now around NYC

don't forget to take your receipt for the biometrics. NYC asked us for it at our interview.

Rete
Old Jun 30th 2004, 12:02 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Many thanks mrsm and I'm sure you'll be just fine.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Rete
don't forget to take your receipt for the biometrics. NYC asked us for it at our interview.

Rete
Thanks Rete,
Got all receipts/ NOA's and copies of all.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rete,
Got all receipts/ NOA's and copies of all.
You definately HAVE to let us know how it goes, when it happens...
Old Jun 30th 2004, 1:04 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

I have wedding/ anniversary, birthday cards, and a ton of Christmas cards from our families over the years.
The house is under his name, utilities too, though I sign the cheques. So I'll take a random selection of joint bank statements w/cancelled cheques?

Getting a new (used) car on the 8th which will be in both our names, too late for the interview I know.
I'm more excited now about having my own car than the prosepct of (possibly) getting my passport stamped. Only hope I'm here to drive it and I'm not being shipped back to the UK :scared:
You won't be shipped back! With all that evidence you should be fine!, You can tell the interviewer about the car even though you won't get it until later
Good Luck
Old Jul 6th 2004, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

tcylinder is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm more excited now about having my own car than the prospect of (possibly) getting my passport stamped. Only hope I'm here to drive it and I'm not being shipped back to the UK :scared:
Hey there, so you ready for tomorrow morning? I think my wife and I are ready. I have just about the same amount of evidence you have which is basically as many "official" documents as I could find with both of our names on them.

My only difference is that I've been unemployed for a little over a month but I was able to get a joint sponsor and have that ready to go if they give me a problem about not working right now.

We went ahead and got a new medical exam as my ex-employer's insurance covered most of the cost and I wanted to be safe rather than sorry.

Well, I guess I'll stop procrastinating, pull out my paperwork and double and triple-check everything. Then I'll go to the USCIS website and figure out which train to take and which entrance to go to so we don't end up on the line for people without appointments. Tonight, I'll review basic questions about each other's lives, family, friends, address, phone number, etc...

Can't wait to go do it, hopefully get a stamp in my wife's passport and not worry about anything for 1 year and 9 months when we apply to remove conditions.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by tcylinder
Hey there, so you ready for tomorrow morning? I think my wife and I are ready. I have just about the same amount of evidence you have which is basically as many "official" documents as I could find with both of our names on them.

My only difference is that I've been unemployed for a little over a month but I was able to get a joint sponsor and have that ready to go if they give me a problem about not working right now.

We went ahead and got a new medical exam as my ex-employer's insurance covered most of the cost and I wanted to be safe rather than sorry.

Well, I guess I'll stop procrastinating, pull out my paperwork and double and triple-check everything. Then I'll go to the USCIS website and figure out which train to take and which entrance to go to so we don't end up on the line for people without appointments. Tonight, I'll review basic questions about each other's lives, family, friends, address, phone number, etc...

Can't wait to go do it, hopefully get a stamp in my wife's passport and not worry about anything for 1 year and 9 months when we apply to remove conditions.
Hey yourselves. I think we're as ready as we're going to be!
I will check, re-check everything tonight too, though to be honest I'm sick of the sight of the pile of stuff we've got. I'm too burned out with it all to be nervous at the moment. Glad you got a co-sponsor just in case plus the medical, I didn't bother with medical - we'll see what happens with that. My husband has a brain like a sieve, he can't remember anything - he better bloody remember tomorrow!
We wish you both "Very Good Luck" for tomorrow, in case we don't work out who each other is in the waiting room. .
Old Jul 6th 2004, 8:39 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hey yourselves. I think we're as ready as we're going to be!
I will check, re-check everything tonight too, though to be honest I'm sick of the sight of the pile of stuff we've got. I'm too burned out with it all to be nervous at the moment. Glad you got a co-sponsor just in case plus the medical, I didn't bother with medical - we'll see what happens with that. My husband has a brain like a sieve, he can't remember anything - he better bloody remember tomorrow!
We wish you both "Very Good Luck" for tomorrow, in case we don't work out who each other is in the waiting room. .
GOOD LUCK!!
Don't forget to tell us how it went!!
Fingers and toes crossed for you!!
Take care!!
Old Jul 6th 2004, 9:15 am
Welsh Wife

JohnCindy is on a distinguished road

Good luck mrsm!! I can't wait til we get notified of our AOS!! Do we have to take a updated copy of the I-864? Thanks for your list everyone. I am going to start making copies and check it twice ......... don't want to be naughty.......... want to be nice

Cindy
Old Jul 6th 2004, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
GOOD LUCK!!
Don't forget to tell us how it went!!
Fingers and toes crossed for you!!
Take care!!
Many thanks, I will let you know how it goes whatever happens
Old Jul 6th 2004, 9:42 am
Welsh Wife

JohnCindy is on a distinguished road

Many thanks, I will let you know how it goes whatever happens

Wooo hoooo thanks!!! Aren't you getting nervous??

I can only imagine when John gets his letter for our appointment

Cindy
Old Jul 6th 2004, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by JohnCindy
Good luck mrsm!! I can't wait til we get notified of our AOS!! Do we have to take a updated copy of the I-864? Thanks for your list everyone. I am going to start making copies and check it twice ......... don't want to be naughty.......... want to be nice

Cindy
It doesn't say on interview letter specifically to have updated I-864. But if you have had to wait over a year for interview then you need it to be updated indicating most recent tax year & the current poverty guidelines. We were given two months notice prior to interview, so we I had plenty of time to make myself totally crazy, going over and over everything. At this point I've had enough, let's just get it over and done with one way or another!
P.S. No, I'm not nervous about interview- YET!
I have been more nervous about going back to work today (had a week off) as I was going to be working with lots of new kids & staff, (I'm a teacher aide - started working summer school today)
but thankfully that went OK.

Last edited by mrsm; Jul 6th 2004 at 10:06 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.