Wikiposts

How long?

Old Aug 29th 2010, 12:10 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long?

Bull, that was what you were asking. You didn't specify a single immigration process.

Also you need current timelines not timelines from members who have done the process in any year but your own.

We started our immigration process three months after Ian in 1998 and we were finally finished with the entire immigration process in 2003 when DH became a USC.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 2:17 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
We started our immigration process three months after Ian in 1998 and we were finally finished with the entire immigration process in 2003 when DH became a USC.
Ah... the good ol' days! As you know, my own AOS took 33 months, and at the time there was no way to check processing times. We had almost no idea how long separate parts of the process took... and we seemed to survive just fine without that knowledge! Kids nowadays... they have no idea how easy they've got it.

Ian
Old Aug 29th 2010, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light

it took 6 months for me to get my K1 visa we filed the first form in the US in oct 2009 and I had the visa in my passport by April 2010....just waiting on EAD now, which has taken a little longer because i got an RFE.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 5:09 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
One isn't finished with immigration until one becomes a USC.

Ian
Agreed. People are doing themselves a disservice if they only consider whatever part of the immigration process they're working on at the moment. The fact is that the US immigration process lasts YEARS, even for those with no "issues."

~ Jenney
Old Aug 29th 2010, 6:00 am
Bulldawgy dawg

Location: Currently living in Medway, Kent UK. Hoping to be living in the Tr-Cities, Washington state, USA
Master_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really nice

Sorry all for the confusion!

What I meant was...how long before I'll get in the US?

Thanks to everyone who has given their advise, much appreciated
Old Aug 29th 2010, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Madelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Master_Bulldog
From start to finish, how long did it take you guys to complete the immigration process? If it helps to make things a bit more accurate I'll be going for the fiance visa

Thanks in advance guys
well i went down the K1 route and my interview date is approx. 3.5 months from the day we mailed in the I-129f petition in the US. Pretty fast for a K1 i think.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 8:45 am
Bulldawgy dawg

Location: Currently living in Medway, Kent UK. Hoping to be living in the Tr-Cities, Washington state, USA
Master_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really nice

Originally Posted by Madelina
well i went down the K1 route and my interview date is approx. 3.5 months from the day we mailed in the I-129f petition in the US. Pretty fast for a K1 i think.
Excellent news! Thank you
Old Aug 30th 2010, 1:27 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Master_Bulldog
Excellent news! Thank you
It was certainly excellent news for Madelina. The great danger in asking about other people's timelines, is how quickly you fool yourself into believing that it has any bearing whatsoever on your case.

If someone posts that their case took 4 months, you then hope that yours will take only that long. If someone posts that their case took 23 months, you will then fear that yours will also take that long - indeed, some people have gone absolutely frantic thinking their case will take that long... we've seen it happen over and over. Since you can never know how long your case will take, the best that you can ever hope for is that you will fall somewhere between the two... and while the best we've seen is about 3 months, there is no knowing where the other end of that spectrum is.

Ian
Old Aug 30th 2010, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Madelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond repute

It was certainly excellent news for Madelina. The great danger in asking about other people's timelines, is how quickly you fool yourself into believing that it has any bearing whatsoever on your case.

If someone posts that their case took 4 months, you then hope that yours will take only that long. If someone posts that their case took 23 months, you will then fear that yours will also take that long - indeed, some people have gone absolutely frantic thinking their case will take that long... we've seen it happen over and over. Since you can never know how long your case will take, the best that you can ever hope for is that you will fall somewhere between the two... and while the best we've seen is about 3 months, there is no knowing where the other end of that spectrum is.

Ian
True true, there's people who petitioned before we did who havent even had the 'packet 3' letter yet... i think there must be a team of folk in an office somewhere, each with in-trays.... one dude is really quick, gets through his cases fast.... some other dude is a lazy sod, takes extra long lunch breaks, and his performance is way down compared to his colleague... but because he works for government, its impossible to discipline or fire him without a series of appraisals, warnings and training support sessions.... hence why he's still allowed a growing stack of people's visa applications on his desk which he only works through like, 2 a week....

um

anyway ya just never know
Old Aug 31st 2010, 3:24 am
Bulldawgy dawg

Ian

I get what your saying but I was just looking for a best and worst case scenario, and like you say...hope to be somewhere in the middle